Embarrassing stumble - Gwen x reader

Requested by: PPOPPIEE
Setting: A park
-

Your mind kept repeating that embarrassing moment where you and Gwen were on a date at a cafe, and you spilled iced coffee all over the floor. To make matters worse, when you tried to clean it up, you ended up slipping and falling onto the waiter, causing the waiter to drop the food he was going to serve to the customers. Everyone in the cafe laughed at you and Gwen witnessed the whole thing. 

The memory of that incident was forever etched in your mind, making you blush and cover her face every time you thought about it, and especially when you looked at Gwen.

"Y/N." Gwen stifled her laugh, as you and her walked hand in hand through the park. "Are you still thinking about what happened two weeks ago?"

You sighed, feeling yourself blush even deeper. Gwen could read you like a book and she knew that the incident still bothered you. 

"I can't help it. It was humiliating." You admitted, avoiding her gaze. You pulled your hand away from Gwen's covering your face. 

"Y/N." Gwen said, with a mischievous glint in her eyes. You could tell she was trying to hide her grin. Gwen stopped walking then gently took your hands in her own, to reveal your blushing face, causing your blush to intensify. 

She leaned in, her voice a soft whisper in your ear, "You know, I think that incident was the cutest thing I've ever seen. It showed me that you're not afraid to be yourself, even in embarrassing moments. And I love you for it."

Your eyes widened with surprise. You looked into Gwen's eyes and asked, "You really mean that?"

Gwen nodded and pulled you into a warm embrace. "Absolutely. You're perfect just the way you are, Y/N. And I wouldn't change a thing about you."

You let out a sigh of relief, feeling your blush fade only slightly. "Thank you, Gwen. I love you just the way you are too."

Gwen giggled then kissed your cheek, giving you a warm smile. "That's my girl. Now, why don't we get ice cream? I promise I won't laugh too hard if you embarrass yourself in front of me the next time."

You rolled your eyes, giving her a playful smile, knowing her teasing was all good fun, "Whatever."