Bittersweet comfort - Gwen x reader

Requested by: N0odlesforme1
Setting: Gwen's bedroom
-

You sat beside Gwen on her bed, watching as tears streamed down her face. She had just broken up with Trent, and regret weighed heavily on her heart. On top of that, during her emotional state, she accidentally spilt the love letter he wrote for her for the first time they started dating.

You have liked Gwen for quite some time, but it wasn't reciprocated. She only saw you as a friend, because she was caught up with Trent and Duncan. But right now, none of them were here but you were. It didn't matter. You were here to comfort her.

You reached out and gently placed a hand on Gwen's shoulder, offering her comfort. "It's okay, Gwen. We all make mistakes. You'll get through this."

Gwen sniffled and looked up at you, her eyes filled with gratitude despite the pain. "You're always here for me, Y/N. I don't know what I'd do without you."

You smiled softly, feeling your heart flutter at her words. Little did Gwen know, you had feelings for her that went beyond friendship. But for now, you pushed those feelings aside to be the supportive friend she needed.

"I can't believe I did this," Gwen sobbed, her voice trembling. "I let my anger get the best of me, and now it's too late."

"I'll always be here for you, Gwen," You whispered, your voice filled with a mix of warmth and longing for her to return your feelings. "No matter what happens, I'll always have your back."

Gwen nodded and leaned into your touch, seeking solace in your presence. The two of you sat in silence for a while, the only sound being Gwen's occasional sniffle.

After some time, you noticed Gwen's shivering form. The tears had taken a toll on her, leaving her vulnerable and cold. You got up and fetched a warm blanket from her closet, draping it over both of you.

Gwen's eyes widened in surprise, but she didn't protest. Instead, she shifted closer to you. The two of you nestled under the blankets.

"Thank you, Y/N." She whispered, giving you a kiss on top of your head. You blushed and tried to push down your happiness, knowing she didn't mean anything by it. But you did, everything you did for her meant the world to you.

You treasured these moments with Gwen, even if she didn't share the same romantic feelings. For now, supporting her through her pain was enough. That was enough for you.

"I'm really lucky to have you, Y/N," Gwen murmured, her voice filled with exhaustion. She snuggled closer to you, eventually falling asleep.