Chapter 3 - Devilish Duke

“Then I’ll have the kids clear the last room on the second floor, so you can move your luggage there. Until you get married, take Elliott’s etiquette class and study together. I’ll get you a couple of dresses.”

It was an unconventional suggestion. Because the second floor was where only the Baron’s family lived, and the dresses worn by nobles, no matter how modest, were so expensive that it was unimaginable by a maid’s salary.

But that wasn’t important. Lena, who was trying to save some money and leave Kerouac, was suddenly bound in the Barony.

Besides, that favor wasn’t free either. At first glance, Elliot seemed to have to go through a wedding she didn’t want to go to, so that person couldn’t have been decent. Even though Lena knew that, she couldn’t refuse. Because she was nothing more than a maid, an illegitimate child without a single person to rely on.

If she rejects this offer, she will be driven out of the castle, starved to death without ever finding anything. The Baron was such a great power.

“Thank….you, Madam.”

“Ah, and from now on, call me mother. Madam, madam, do not make that mistake when calling me in front of the Viscount.”

Even Lena could not quickly respond to that order. Because her only mother was the one who had passed away.

“Lena?”

“Bu, but…….”

Lena unwillingly murmured, but Elliot, who was by the Baroness’s side, got angry.

“I hate it!”

“Elliot. It’s three months. You can protect yourself with those three months, so what is the importance of that title?”

“I still hate it! You just have to be careful in front of the Viscount. No matter how stupid you are, you can do that, Lena?”

Elliot shouted furiously at Lena as she bowed her head, but Lena had never been more pleased with the voice now than she ever does.

“Of course, miss. I will be careful in front of the Viscount.”

Fortunately, the Baroness didn’t seem happy being called mother by Lena, so she told her to do so, and she let her go.

* * *

After Lena left, Elliot swiped her chest, and said.

“Whew. I’m glad I have that idiot. Viscount Delroins deserves to be kicked out too. How can he ask me to be his wife when he’s over fifty? Besides, wasn’t he a pervert?”

“Tsk. I didn’t know that he would ask for a daughter as a condition. It seems that as soon as he came down to Kerouac, he started digging out who had a daughter and how old she was.”

Baron Fidelia also shook his head and frowned.

Although driven out of Ardennes, Viscounty Delroins was not a family that would rot in the countryside. This is because it was a family that had accumulated so much wealth that even their collateral family could live without worrying about money. And it was an opportunity for Baron Fidelia that someone like Viscount Delroins had come to Kerouac. He decided to take this opportunity to advance into the political realm of the capital.

But Viscount Delroins was a far more brazen figure than expected. To the Baron who wants to become his confidant, he says that he doesn’t have a wife, and he talks about the Baron’s daughter.

[“By the way, Lady Fidelia is not married, right? After all, there is no firm relationship as strong as a relationship bound by family.”]

The giggling and smiling face was disgusting. What’s more, how can he trust a man whose number of days left in his life was unknown to marry his daughter?