Chapter 145 - The first daughter resembles her father

“Uhh-umm…….”

“Kahel! Again?”

“It’s not too bad now. Don’t worry too much. I will be fine after a while.”

“But…….”

Lena lowered her eyebrows as she watched Kahel turn his head away in front of food.

A lot of strange things happen in the world, but she didn’t know that Kahel would have morning sickness instead of her. Even until the end of pregnancy!

Others say they can’t even smell food because of morning sickness when they are pregnant, but Lena ate deliciously for nine months during pregnancy, while Kahel often puts down his cutlery during a meal and won’t eat. Although the morning sickness was the worst in the early pregnancy, the morning sickness didn’t last beyond the second trimester, so Kahel was still occasionally covering his nose and mouth with a handkerchief to keep the nausea from coming up.

“Why on earth are you having morning sickness? I’d much rather have it myself. That’s normal, too.”

“No, no. Rather, I think I’m glad that I can do it for you. Because it is more important for you to eat well if you are pregnant. I am glad.”

Damien and Evelyn said that Kahel did it because he resembled Damien, the wife-fool, and the doctors of the Royal Family said that the fetus and Kahel seem to have a strong connection because she conceived the child who probably inherited Kahel’s strong magical powers. Neither of them could be understood by Lena, though.

“It would be better if the baby came out sooner.”

“It will come when the time comes.”

“Then, when is that? It’s already been three days past the due date…….”

“I think it’s so comfortable and nice that she doesn’t want to come out of your arms.”

“Since she’s in my stomach, I can’t even touch her or hug her and kiss her. When she comes out, I can love her even more, ah!”

“…… Lena?”

Lena, who suddenly shouted briefly, looked at Kahel and the handmaids standing next to her in surprise.

“No, nothing. I felt a little sick for a moment, but now I’m fine, aahh!”

Kahel jumped up following her second scream.

“Call the doctor!”

Still, because she had passed her due date, Lena’s surroundings were on standby 24 hours, and at Kahel’s command, the birthing room was ready in an instant. About halfway through the pregnancy, they were told by a priest that it was her daughter, so everyone was on the lookout for the Princess, who would become the next queen.

And from then on, Lena began to suffer while surrounded by the doctors, and Kahel waited impatiently outside the door. Occasionally, Lena’s painful groans could be heard outside the door, showing that even the Queen, protected by her powers, could not be freed from labor pains.

“Kahel!”

“You’re here.”

“How is Her Majesty?”

Upon hearing the news, Damien and Evelyn ran and took Kahel’s hand who had a pale complexion, and asked about Lena’s condition.

“The intervals between the labor pains are getting shorter and shorter, and we never know when the baby will come out. I wish I could go through this instead…….”