Chapter 5 - Unpleasant memories

“Hey, who is that?”

“How can he be so beautiful…….”

Those who looked at him with affectionate eyes and uttered praises began to pant.

“Aaahhh, please! Please hold my hand just once!”

“You’re like my child! Let me hug you just once!”

“Get out of the way! Heuk! Look at me!”

The banquet hall quickly became a mess. The knights stopped in front of Kahel, who had turned white, but those who were drenched in Kahel’s devilish power didn’t seem to care even if it was the Queen who blocked them. An unprecedented chaos occurred on the Queen’s birthday.

“Kahel!”

That was then. His father, Duke Damien Luave, came running with Calia…….

He borrowed the manpower of the royal knights to push the nobles away, and hastily hung Calia around Kahel’s neck. Please, I hope it has some effect.

But a miracle happened.

“…… uh?”

“Huh? Why am I …….”

“Oh my God! what do I do……!”

As soon as Calia touched Kahel’s body, those who had reached out to him began to retreat. It wasn’t just that. The nobles were shocked to learn that they had just craved Kahel crazily. Even though Kahel was a very beautiful boy, he was only ten years old after all.

It was as if Kahel had been saved by God. Tears came to his eyes because he thought people would now treat him like a normal person. But things didn’t go the way Kahel thought.

“Ah, the devil! That’s the devil!”

“Right! Oh my God, that’s terrible!”

“He is trying to seduce other nobles with the power of the devil! Are you crazy!”

The nobles with high pride felt ashamed that they had turned their eyes like beasts, and began to blame Kahel. The tremendous change in attitude was unbelievable. The eyes that had just been passionately affectionate were cold, as if they were looking at something dirty.

It was hate. It was contempt. And at the same time, it was fear. Still, there was a passion that had not yet faded in some eyes.

Little Kahel thought that day, humans were really ugly. No one said sorry to him or if he was okay. He left the place in the arms of his father, who sighed in relief, engraved in Kahel’s mind was the ugliness of nobles who were still squirming.

For a long time after that, the story of ‘a devil was born into the Luave family’ was floating around in the social circles, and from that day on, Kahel stopped believing in humanity. And for the first time he had feelings other than fear about his power to drive such humans crazy.

‘An unpleasant memory came to mind.’

That’s why he was asked to thoroughly cover himself from others, but it seems that someone here was persuaded by Viscount Peyton’s bribe. He told Gerard to catch the rat, so he could see their face right away.

People were just as curious as cats. People were very curious about the ‘Duke with devilish power’, who does not show up in the social world because of the curse. How absurd was it when he heard rumors that they were paying and trading rights to meet Kahel.

‘What the hell do you want to do ….?’

Kahel couldn’t understand what people were trying to achieve by meeting him. Do they want to test whether Kahel really possessed devilish powers? Do they want to take a look at this appearance, which has been arbitrarily said to be like the god of war, Perius?