Chapter 18 - You'll be possessed

“Measurements?”

“Because you have to measure the body to make clothes.”

“Ah, yes! I know how to do that. Because even in the previous Barony, I usually measured Miss Elliot.”

“Great. By the way, it’s okay to talk about your old days, but don’t call that house’s daughter a ‘Miss’. Even if the family of a person who died as a criminal while being deprived of title were still alive, they would still be a criminal anyway, so your position as a close maid to me would be higher.”

At that, Lena didn’t say anything and her eyes widened.

It wasn’t that she didn’t understand what Kahel had said. However, she was worried if she could really do that. She called Elliot by name, but later she kept looking around to see if she would be reprimanded later. Besides, she also inherited Baron Fidelia’s blood, so she didn’t think her status would be higher than Elliot, no matter what.

“Lena.”

“Yes, yes!”

Lena suddenly came to her senses to Kahel’s voice calling out to her, and accepted the cloak he was taking off.

After taking off the cloak and completely undressing his upper body, Kahel looked into Lena’s eyes with tension inside.

Lena, who usually didn’t react to his appearance as well as his devilish power, but when his bare skin was exposed, she might have been different.

When he took off the sweat-drenched shirt after fighting with the knights before, everyone’s eyes were on him as if they had been called out loud. He was startled by the sudden gaze, and then everyone hurriedly turned their faces away, but Kahel clearly remembered the light of passion in their eyes.

Even the knights armed with auras did so, so it was likely that this woman would suddenly run at him with eyes gleaming.

But, contrary to his concerns, Lena just grabbed the shirt and waited for him to thread his arm. In order not to look at his naked body as much as possible, her gaze was only placed on the collar of the shirt, and her attitude toward him had not changed at all.

It was really unfamiliar. The fact that someone is so fine in front of his bare body…….

Kahel swallowed back the choking remorse as Lena slid his arms around the shirt she was holding. He has been dreaming of a daily ‘no need to be afraid’ life like this for a really long time.

When putting on the pants, there was no problem except Kahel had to go behind the bamboo screen to change it and come out. Lena rearranged the shirt to create a nice crease and put the silver-thread embroidered vest over it. He used to think that he was wearing a vest and a coat anyway, the shirt would not be visible, but after Lena took great care of him, it definitely changed his appearance and made his movements much more comfortable.

She carefully matched a suitably glossy cravat and put on the coat, which gave off a feeling of being more glamorous than usual. At first, he thought that he was caring too much, so Kahel was uncomfortable, but to catch the big fish, he seemed to have to put in this much effort. What was most satisfying was that Lena didn’t feel anything else while attending to his dressing.

“Would you like a brooch over the cravat?”

“No. This is enough. Well done, Lena.”

Kahel stopped Lena from trying to decorate him up a little more, smoothed the shirt sleeve, and headed to the parlor to welcome the guest.

Meanwhile, Luahalla Rognac, who arrived at the Duke’s residence after receiving a private invitation, also changed his ensemble once more before getting off the carriage. But the fancy attire and the shimmering milky hair were both perfect.