Chapter 73 - Ah, hot, hot......!

“Well, it’s just what they call it. It’s a little party held by Her Majesty the Queen in March.”

Lena, who was surprised that she had to attend the Banquet, was even more surprised when she heard the word ‘the Queen,’ and her eyes widened.

“Yes? The, the Queen? Are you saying that I am going to have an audience with the Queen?”

“You don’t have to think big. The rank of a Baronet can be issued by a Duke, and it’s just a matter of reporting the palace, but I’d like you to greet first and give a direct report on the conferment of the title. Her Majesty will just receive your greetings and give you a few words of blessing.”

“Bu, bu, but how can I…… the…… the Queen…….”

“Keep in mind. You are no longer the maid in Kerouac. You are the maid and a Baronet working for the Great Luave Duchy. And the most important virtues for nobles are self-esteem and pride. Even though it’s a non-hereditary title, have pride as Baronet Belrose.”

Lena’s eyes seemed to twinkle, but she automatically nodded her head to Kahel, who in a confident tone of voice exhorted her pride instead of herself. If Kahel was like that, it was her job to do as he said.

Kahel didn’t seem to understand Lena, but Kahel nodded his head with satisfaction, as she still wasn’t frightened nor took a step back and trembled at him. His forthcoming words would further embarrass Lena, but it was inevitable anyway, so he had to speak a little sooner to give her time to prepare her mind.

“So, as soon as you return to Ardennes, you will have an etiquette teacher and a liberal arts teacher. In front of Her Majesty, the excuse that you were not polite because you didn’t know doesn’t work. Even now, you do not seem like a commoner, and you are using pretty good noble etiquette.

Kahel spoke to her half-sternly, but he looked into Lena’s eyes. Because Kahel knew that few would welcome the call to have to study further.

“Thank you, Your Excellency. By the way…… What will I learn in the liberal arts class? I roughly expected the etiquette class , but I couldn’t get the hang of the liberal arts class…….”

“The history of the Kingdom, the genealogy of the royal family, the genealogy of the nobility, the events that nobles should know, the flow of money, the flow of power, relations with foreign countries…… Well, these things. No need to be so scared…….”

“Wow! Amazing!”

“Amazing……?”

“Yes! I feel like a real noble!”

Lena smiled more happily than when she received any present. Even over Elliot’s shoulder, she learned a little bit about the history of the Kingdom and the genealogy of the royal family, but she was always thirsty. A lot of questions came to her mind, but instead, she couldn’t even ask a question from her place as the beaten child.

Up until now, she had been looking forward to life in Terra Luave, but now she wished she could return to Ardennes soon. Her heart pounded just at the thought of, ‘I should ask the teachers a lot of things I’ve always wondered about.’

‘I was worried for no reason.’

Even at a glance, Kahel was relieved by Lena’s excited look and picked up the tea again. A child who liked to study was rare even in the noble world. He was proud of Lena’s appearance, and he wanted to brag about it somewhere.

Oh my gosh, my maid loves studying so much, she’s so smart that she already begs me to buy books that’s of a higher level than what her peers learn, hohoho!