Chapter 53 - For being the Queen

“It’s been a long time since I’ve seen you, Your Excellency.”

“Oh, long time no see, Gerard.”

As Gerard, a close friend of his son and a young blood representing the Black Faction, approached and greeted him, Damian greeted him with an elegant move away from those around him.

“I should have come and greeted you as soon as I heard that you had come, but I’m sorry. Your son did not allow me to visit.”

“Hahaha! He didn’t want to get caught pampered by his father, whom he hadn’t seen in a long time.”

“What? Pampered? Are you kidding me?”

“Well? Why do you think it’s a joke? How cute is our Kahel.”

“Even a hedgehog said that their child is pretty, but Your Excellency can’t do that.”

“Really?”

“Actually, I don’t really want to know. It’s creepy.”

Gerard trembled as if he had heard something he couldn’t unhear, and Damian chuckled lightly at his humorous appearance. He was a young man whom he always felt good to have as a friend of his son.

If the former Count Langtail had not put Gerard under Damian’s guardianship after his accidental death, Kahel would not have had such a delightful friend. Even at the age of only 20, Gerard, who bravely came to him and asked him for help to succeed the title, was still vivid in his memory.

Not forgetting that Damian had helped at that time, Gerard still serves Damian as his godfather.

“By the way, did you come alone?”

“No way. Sir Kahel is in an audience with Her Majesty and the Marquis of Rognac.”

“Already?”

“It seems that she really liked the dress she got from the Marquis of Rognac this time.”

Gerard laughed at that. This year’s New Year’s celebration was especially important. This is because it will be the first place to show the business that the Marquis of Rognac has been preparing in front of the nobility. Their muse was daring to be the Queen, and everyone’s attention was drawn. Luahalla kept the design of the Queen’s dress a secret. Even the young ladies who worshiped Liddell wondered about the Queen’s dress.

Today, Liddell was wearing a royal blue dress made in a famous dressing room in Ardennes. The dress was also beautiful. It suits her blonde hair and her blue eyes very well. But Gerard guessed that today would be the day the Queen is victorious.

“I’m not familiar with fashion, so I don’t know for sure, but it seems that the clothes makers hired by the Marquis of Rognac are not ordinary skilled. Before they came to the Luave mansion, there were so many accidents around them, you might have thought that they were the people who brought bad luck. Does it mean that they are so talented that someone earnestly wishes for them to get involved in such an ‘accident’?”

Damian only smiled at Gerard’s sarcasm. He also found this match interesting.

The two exchanged secret smiles, then slowly reined in their expressions. Because it was Gerard’s turn to ask a difficult question.

“How is Madam’s health?”

“Well…… Not very good.”

Gerard’s face, who had hoped for an answer like, ‘It’s still the same,’ was a little disappointed. In the first year of leaving Ardennes and going to Terraluave, there were reports that she seemed to be getting better, but the news did not last more than a year and a half. The former Duchess of Luave, whose body was so damaged that she was so weak, it wouldn’t be strange if she dies, and recently they said that she herself was preparing for her own death.