Chapter 141 - Afternoon of Angels

Lian returned from an outing and found Liddell as usual. Ever since the day when monsters attacked Ardennes, he felt uneasy even when he was standing in front of her. He still dreamed of his beautiful and cute little sister smiling like an angel and throwing a magic ball at him.

“The Miss is in the greenhouse.”

“Alone?”

“Yes.”

Liddell, who lost her memory, has been diligently learning many things since then, and now she looks the same as before she lost her memory. But it was not without change. She used to be the queen of the social world, where she was flooded with invitations and requests for visits, but people now rarely seek out Liddell.

Few people knew the full story of the incident, but they were unable to cover up the truth at all, and rumors that a treason took place and that the instigator was the former Duke Santella and his daughter Liddell secretly swept the social world.

Liddell said she didn’t want to go out after she found out about what she had done, which fueled the rumors even further.

‘Liddell is the biggest victim…….’

The bad ones were the ancestors, who dreamed in vain, not Liddell, who had been subjected to the curse of greed without choice from the time she was in the womb.

But he can’t blame the dead, and it was Liddell who stood at the climax of all the misdeeds. In fact, there was nothing to say if the Queen’s Sword cut her in two on the spot, so it was a miracle that she could now survive and maintain the family like this.

“Liddell.”

“Oh, Lian! When did you come?”

The face looking back was bright and radiant as always. The sunlight pouring into the greenhouse shattered onto Liddell’s blonde hair, scattering shards of light. The skin white and clear as snow seemed translucent, her blue eyes gleamed bright, and a pure smile appeared on the rosy lips with soft arcs. It was different from the smile she had before, which seemed like something she had made up.

Every time he saw that smile, Lian was happy. Now, he thinks that Liddell is finally free…….

“What are you doing alone?”

“I was just looking around. It puts my mind at ease when I see the green light as I walk through the greenhouse.”

“Is there anything that makes you feel dizzy?”

He asked the question half-jokingly, but Liddell didn’t answer, she just laughed. At that moment, Lian’s stomach sank.

“What’s going on, Liddell?”

Liddell carefully looked at her older brother, who was playful, cheerful, beautiful and strong. It was heartbreaking to see that he, a person who never seemed to be shaken, showed signs of urgency because of his worries about his younger sister.

“If it weren’t for me, would you still be alone? There seems to be marriage proposals coming in, but you dismissed everything.”

“It’s too bad. I heard that the marriage proposals that came in were of a lower level than before.”

“Would they like to marry their daughter into a family which they never know when they will be branded a traitor? They might get punished if they get involved. A low-ranking family may feel like gambling, but there is no need for a risk when they are already a well-established county.”

She could not forget the conversations she heard with the handmaids during the day.

Liddell couldn’t remember, but she knew what she had done. Even on the day he told the story, Lian was worried for her.