Chapter 95 - Mixed feelings

But Kahel lightly dodged him and then struck him hard on the nape of the neck, stunning him. Meanwhile, Lena ran out and cried out to the knight and Arder.

Arder, who jumped up in haste, saw what had happened and saw the servant lying on the floor with foam in his mouth and Kahel with a complicated expression on his face. It was the first time since he succeeded the Duchy that anyone had attempted to kill Kahel due to his devilish powers.

“Are you okay, Your Excellency?”

“I’m okay. Take that person and tie his limbs before he wakes up. Don’t forget to gag him.”

Kahel picked up the sword that had fallen on the floor and passed Arder and the knight indifferently. The only thing he cares about now is Lena. Unsurprisingly, Lena’s complexion standing outside the door was pale.

“Lena…….”

As Kahel approached her to comfort her, Lena faltered and stepped back from him. Lena’s shoulders were shaking slightly.

‘Shit…….’

This appearance, he never wanted to show Lena. He should have been more careful, but he had become so used to the routine where Lena treated him like normal, that he mistakenly thought that he had truly become a normal human being. Instead of moving closer to Lena, Kahel turned back to the office. He felt the worst.

Lena, slowly freed from the shock, rubbed her sweaty palms against the hem of her skirt. The knights of the family came out carrying the servant, and Arder, who was following him, found Lena and opened his mouth to say something.

Lena took a few more deep breaths on the spot, then she chewed on each of the things she had to do today. When Lena needed to calm down her mind, that was her main method. Concentrating on the things she needs to do right now would calm her mind.

‘I have to pack the bags. Shirt, underwear, gloves…….’

As she walked down the hallway, repeating the items to fill in the small bag, one by one, her trembling body got better and better. However, the sight she had witnessed was not forgotten.

‘Am I changing to be like that person? So am I going to try to kill His Excellency?’

It was terrible. She was afraid of herself. But the person who must have been more shocked than her was now was Kahel. She thought she acted strangely in front of him, but she didn’t know what to do or how to fix it. There wasn’t much else to do other than just do what she had to do.

Lena went into Kahel’s dressing room and packed his things. There wasn’t much to pack. She thought for a long time about what to say when she went to Kahel. Lena grabbed the luggage and she took a deep breath before heading to Kahel’s office.

“Your Excellency. I have packed all the things you need to take.”

Kahel was sitting on the window sill, looking out the window. Even at Lena’s voice, he didn’t even move. Lena hesitated, then opened her mouth carefully.

“Your Excellency. I’m sorry, are you all…… right…….”

It was like a crawling voice. Her voice seemed to tremble a little. Lena chewed her lips as she pondered how she could comfort Kahel. She hated herself for not being able to speak.

“Lena.”

“Yes, yes!”

Kahel, who called Lena, was silent for a while. He too was choosing the words to say to Lena. But what he had to say, he didn’t know if Lena wouldn’t avoid him. He will probably never know.