Chapter 15 - What the curse takes

It was to be welcomed by everyone that the bloodstone would be much brighter. Kahel shivered after accepting the results of the research on lylok and bloodstone. If the bloodstone efficiency improved that much, the era of using the bloodstone as a street lamp would soon come. The brightening of the night will be the cornerstone of infinite development.

However, the problem was that, knowing the usefulness of lylok, the Kingdom of Hildebrunn would not try to sell it as a decorative building material as before. However, since lylok’s value shines only with bloodstone, they will surely try to test the Luaves, the largest producer of bloodstone, and Kahel will not only actively accept that approach, but will definitely use Luahalla to obtain an exclusive supply contract.

With that in mind, as he was writing down the fine lines on the carefully selected letter paper.

There was a sound of tea being poured from the side, and soon the scent of tea began to spread. It was still awkward for someone to give him tea that was properly brewed at the right time while he didn’t have to move.

But he had to admit that this was a good feeling. It’s not that he was intentionally arrogant as a duke, but he felt like he’s being treated like a noble now. To be honest, it made no sense for a Duke to brew tea with his own hands.

Kahel put down his pen and picked up the teacup as he carefully read the letter he had written. The taste of the tea he took a sip was much better than what he used to brew. He brewed tea himself for over 10 years, but maybe because he didn’t really want to drink delicious tea, his brewing skills didn’t improve much. There were times when he was engrossed in work and threw away the tea that was so bitter.

“Was this the way tea was supposed to taste…….”

It really was. He realized that the original taste of tea was like this. He felt guilty about the tea leaves that had been thrown away hopelessly for 10 years.

But Lena swallowed a gulp at his words.

‘Oh my God! After all, it must not be as good as the tea the Master used to drink!’

But it was a little embarrassing. How could he expect her to be able to brew tea like a skilled maid while she only has a week to learn?

Of course, she couldn’t put out such a complaint with her life as collateral. All she could do was bow her head and ask for her master’s mercy.

“I, I will try harder next time.”

Kahel, who was putting the teacup on the saucer, glanced at Lena. It is already delicious, but her attitude to try harder was a little prideful.

“I look forward to it.”

Ending the conversation with neither comfort nor encouragement, Kahel barely suppressed the smile that was about to come out.

This woman, who had achieved a dramatic rise in status from a death row prisoner to his own close maid, was still terrified of him. It was understandable as he had scared her, saying, ‘I will decide your life or death by your usefulness.’

She bowed her head and shuddered every time he said something, but in any case, her being cautious of raising her eyes and looking at him was proving her unusual condition.

The ‘common people’ who met him, no matter how much manners were in their head, could not overcome their curiosity and glanced at him. Naturally, he couldn’t have felt good to receive such glances from the position of being the Duke of the Kingdom of Logos. However, it is impossible to punish them all, because they had an excuse, “This is all because of the devilish power that Duke Kahel Luave emanated.”