Chapter 55 - Miracle

Kahel’s gaze staring straight at her, Lena wondered what he was thinking, and she blushed again and asked in a small voice.

“Well, uh, please don’t tell anyone what you saw today. Yes?”

The desperate appeal relieved Kahel’s tension, and his laughter, which he had not been able to control, burst out.

“Pfft! Uhhp! Never…… I won’t tell anyone.”

“To the butler. Also to Count Langtail.”

“Never, no one.”

“Th, thank you.”

“Instead…….”

“Yes?”

“Sometimes be my dance partner.”

“Yes? Me?”

“As I said before, I don’t go to parties very often, and when I go out, I rarely dance. But as a nobleman, dancing is a basic skill. So, shouldn’t we practice so that I don’t forget it? You are my close maid, and it’s not unusual for you to take on such a task as an aide.”

When she heard it, it sounded plausible. She couldn’t understand why he didn’t dance at parties, but she thought it was something she couldn’t understand because it was the nobles’ circumstances. But she thought it was nonsense for a nobleman to not be able to find a dance partner as he said, and he needed a partner to practice with.

‘Yes, this will be one of the things I can do to please His Excellency,’ she thought, then she replied with a small smile.

“If it’s okay for you to do it with me, I’ll gladly…….”

“It is my honor, Lady.”

At the word ‘Lady’, Lena’s face reddened again, while the sound of the music gradually faded away.

“Thank you for dancing with me.”

“I, it is me…… thank you. I felt like a real princess.”

“Keep the door closed, and take a rest.”

Kahel unknowingly touched Lena’s cheek lightly, then, startled by it, lowered his hand and awkwardly stiffened his back. But Lena didn’t seem to notice his embarrassment. He felt a bit awkward, greeted Lena twice and left the room.

As he walked out of Lena’s room and down the dark hallway to his room, he didn’t even realize he had a pretty bright smile on my lips. Then, suddenly, the question came to mind, ‘How did Lena’s mother, who was said to be a rural woman, know how to waltz?’ His steps stopped.

He stood nervously for a moment, then shook his head.

‘She must have had a young lady from some noble family to serve. It’s common to have a maid as a dance practice partner. Yes, I think so.’

Kahel was making up excuses for himself in order to not question Lena’s actions.

* * *

The next day, at the table of the noble family, the Queen’s dress, which shone like the sun, became a hot topic. The blue dress Liddell wore was also beautiful, but the Queen’s dress was so uniquely glamorous that they couldn’t keep their eyes off of her.

“By the way, is that what our Kahel sponsored?”

The madam, who had meticulously brushed her grayish hair, looked up at Kahel with a proud smile and asked. It was Kahel’s aunt, Countess Mariela Delroot.

It was Mariela who spoke up, but all of the other relatives’ expressions looked similar. Because when the Luaves flattened the Santella’s nose, everyone in the Luaves were happy.