Chapter 144 - What Relationship (2)

“I am truly sorry. I will not pretend to ignore my past, nor will I shirk responsibility. The way I can repay Her Majesty’s favor is to help make Logos prosperous, and I think this judge position will be one of those things.”

“That’s right!”

“So…… Even if I look shameless to Sir Luahalla, I cannot back down.”

Luahalla admired Liddell, who did not shed a single tear in the end even though she was shocked by the sudden attack.

In fact, Liddell lived a life as a puppet due to the curse of her ancestors. She could have complained that it was unfair, but she had never said such a thing before. And after she apologized to Lena and Duke Luave, she locked herself in the mansion and remained faithful only to the role of Lian’s adviser.

The reason she wanted to go back to the social world was because of Lian’s concern for her. Fortunately, many rumors about Duchy Santella have subsided over the past three years. Officially, it was known that Liddell was confronted with the hordes of monsters that had attacked the capital and was attacked by the monsters, and she was still recovering from that.

It must have been something she didn’t want anyway, but there was no sign of self-pity on her face. Rather, she was just beautiful, dignified, and dazzling, so he thought that maybe she too was a being who inherited God’s will.

However, Luahalla did not completely break his barriers towards Liddell. But it was right to apologize.

“Miss Liddell may say it’s too much, but I can’t let Miss Liddell go like this. Earlier, I made a mistake. It would be a grave sin for me to have dared offend what the Queen has sent me, but I ask for your forgiveness as a colleague on the same boat.”

Liddell smiled again at his polite but walled apology and nodded her head.

For now, this was just fine. Because she didn’t want him to have sympathy for her.

The Fashion Contest was welcomed with more interest than ever before. No one would be intrigued by the return of the Madonna, who once dominated the social world.

Thanks to this, it was said that getting tickets for the event this time even without any further publicity was like picking stars in the sky, and that the auction price of the costumes would be even higher as the level of the entries would be able to catch Liddell’s eyes, who dominated the fashion world of Logos in the past. It was quite a successful result.

However, Luahalla and Liddell quarreled throughout the event.

“If you can’t appreciate the beauty of this elegant curve itself, why don’t you stop judging?”

“It seems that Sir Luahalla is tired and your eyes have become very low. Why don’t you go and wash your face with cold water? More than that, this one deserves the grand prize!”

It was only in the early days of the business that they shared an apology to each other when they approached each other with a respectful attitude. After that, they quarreled and sometimes even raised their voices to exchange opinions. For Luahalla, fighting Liddell was the most difficult thing to do.

But Luahalla realized today that it was a very selfish idea.

“Even after three years, you still have that beauty, Miss Liddell.”

It was time to celebrate the success of the event at the award presentation. While most people were preoccupied with the models in each dressing room wearing their award-winning pieces, a few men approached and spoke to Liddell, who was standing next to Luahalla.