Chapter 83 - Troubling Dreams

At first he thought it was a coincidence, but when the third death came, Kahel suspected that it was the Santella family. Damien nevertheless said that it shouldn’t be so as the family of guardians, but from the fourth death he was forced to use his hand to protect the Queen’s relatives, the young girls.

There was no evidence that it was affiliated with the Santella family. It was just a feeling. Since they could not accuse the family of guardians solely by a heart feeling, the Luaves hastened the marriage of older relative girls instead. The marriage did not prevent them from becoming queen, but it would become difficult in many ways due to their entanglement with the husband’s family. Fortunately, none of the married were threatened with death.

“The fact that there is no successor would push Liddell as an alternative, an idea that a family of guardians would not have dared to imagine.”

Kahel smiled and shook his head. He had known for a long time that she had serious ambitions despite her flowery appearance, but he didn’t know that it would be the queen’s seat itself.

“The more problematic thing is that it probably won’t be something she’s been preparing for a year or two. Since when did she have a repulsion…….”

Now, Damien didn’t even consider the Santella to be a guardian either. For that reason, the truth that has been revealed recently was not unusual. It was for that reason that he was more concerned about the monsters that appear in Sharden every winter.

“Anyway, I will go back to the capital tomorrow.”

“Yes. Your mother has also improved a lot, so don’t worry about this place.”

Damien wanted to find out more about Lena, who hadn’t woken up the whole day that Evelyn improved, but he stopped because when he talked about Lena, Kahel’s complexion darkened. However, he could only guess that his son’s feelings for the maid have deepened.

“Kahel.”

“Yes, Father.”

“Sometimes, thinking too deeply can ruin things.”

“…….”

“When you achieve something really important, it’s good to put off complicated thoughts for a while. If you delay, you might miss it.”

“Has Father ever been like that?”

“Yes. When I met your mother.”

Damien’s eyes curved. The story of Damien and Evelyn was one of the most popular love stories in the social world. Damien, who fell in love with Evelyn, who was having a marriage conversation as if being sold to the royal family, used all sorts of tricks to win Evelyn while incurring a huge financial burden.

Everyone said that Damien Luave would do something he would regret because of his passion, but Damien’s love for Evelyn has never cooled down since then.

“Yes, I will keep it in mind.”

Kahel smiled a little bit at the end of his mouth, then went back to his own room and called Lena. Lena slept for a full day and when she woke up, she was very surprised that she had slept for a day and a half, but Kahel even mobilized the doctor, Hans, to reassure her. Fortunately, Lena was as healthy and bright as she was before she fell asleep. And when she heard the news that Evelyn’s health had improved, she was more happy than anyone else.

“Did you call, Your Excellency?”

Now, it was a voice that made him feel relieved every time he heard it.

“It may be sudden, but I have to go back to Ardennes tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow? All right. But maybe…… Did something happen in the mansion…….”