Chapter 26 - Strange instructions

It was easy to find a family of stable keepers who were still working there, where Baron Jenkins, the servant of the Duchy of Luave, presides over there now. When Baron Jenkins was told to send the stable keeper’s family to the duke’s house, he delivered them straight away without asking why.

“Hmph! I knew it! You guys also had an affair with that bitch Lena, so I’m sure your neck will fall off!”

Mrs. Marvin, who was still working in the Barony, slandered those who packed their bags. Sid gnawed her teeth and tried to slap her, but Theo hurriedly caught Sid.

Mrs. Marvin was the maid chief of Baroness Fidelia, but she received no punishment and she rather became the maid of Baroness Jenkins. They thought it might be because of her infinitely flirtatious personality in front of people higher than her, but they didn’t know that she would brazenly say such a thing when she herself had always been involved in the evil deeds of Baroness Fidelia and Elliot.

“What the hell did Lena do wrong, that you have to torment her?”

Mrs. Marvin’s eyes grew cold when Sid, who was being held back by Theo, asked about her evil deeds.

“It is only natural for Lena to be punished for her mother’s sins, as a dirty girl of an unknown origin who seduced a noble!”

“What? Of course not? There’s nothing wrong with Lena!”

Sid retorted with a barrage of shouts, but Mrs. Marvin snorted and looked down with scornful eyes. Theo, who had been holding back with his molars clenched, looked at Mrs. Marvin and scoffed.

“Since you were young, you were so anxious that you couldn’t catch the eye of Baron Fidelia very much, so did you get so jealous that Lena’s mother caught his eye instead?”

At those words, Mrs. Marvin’s eyes turned.

“What, what, what! What nonsense are these filthy things talking about now!”

But seeing her jaw tremble as if Theo had stabbed her in the face. Sid, who was a little refreshed by that, giggled and laughed.

“Aha! Was it such a pity that you couldn’t entice a noble to have a child? But even if it had been the Baron, I don’t think he would have had any eyes for you.”

Mrs. Marvin, furious at Sid’s teasing, looked around and found a large rake, which she grabbed and tried to run at Sid and Theo with it. However, the knights from Ardennes restrained and pushed Mrs. Marvin, and she and the rake were thrown back.

It was a pleasure to see Mrs. Marvin huffing, but the smiles faded from the lips of Theo and Sid in the carriage. They came to pick Sid and Theo up from Ardennes, but they couldn’t believe it was for a good thing. It wasn’t as harsh as when Baron Fidelia was captured before, but it was a scary enough situation for those who have always been weak.

The carriage ran non-stop and arrived at the Duchy of Luave in almost two days.

They swayed like luggage in a rattling carriage all day, and without even feeling the thrill of putting their feet on the hard ground, they were astonished by the Duke’s residence’s enormous size. The size of the Baron’s castle in Kerouac was difficult to comprehend at first glance for those who thought it was the largest house in the world.

Its enormous scale immediately became a horror. It was because they remembered the fact that the Baron Fidelia couple, who were clamoring around Kerouac, had lost their lives by Duke Luave.

“Sid…… Really, I guess it’s our turn now…….”

Theo said as he took Sid’s hand with a trembling hand.