Chapter 9 - Merciful disposition

Within two weeks after Kahel ordered the trial, Viscount Horace and Viscount Delroins were seated in the courtroom of Regina Palace, where the queen resided. And Kahel, who usually sent a representative to such a place, made an unusually direct visit to the Regina Palace.

In the trials of the Kingdom of Logos, seven judges made decisions instead of the noble elders who were elected once every five years, and even the Duchys could not deny their judgments. However, since the judges were also nobles, they could not help but be influenced by the two Duchies. So, the outcome of each trial was different depending on who gets the last vote among the seven.

However, the Santella family did not interfere in this trial. Not only was it caused by Viscount Horace’s personal resentment, but Viscount Horace’s actions were also clearly against the law. There was nothing he could have said even if he has ten mouths, as he arbitrarily tried to blow up the Duchy’s private property and even attempted assassination.

However, Viscount Horace criticized Kahel by bringing up the story of Miliana, which had nothing to do with the incident. He cursed Kahel bloodily, as if all he wanted to do was accuse him in the face.

But that could not affect the outcome of the trial. At the trial, Viscount Horace was ordered to pay a compensation of 70 million luans and Viscount Delroins was fined 2 million luans in damages. However, Kahel was not interested in the outcome of Viscount Delroins’ trial in the first place. He personally came to visit Viscount Delroins alone. He was imprisoned in a makeshift prison to punish the Viscount.
“This is an abuse of power! This trial is invalid! The whole nation should know that you are the devil!”

Viscount Delroins struggled inside the temporary prison. After all, he was in the palace where the authority of the queen was reaching, so he knew that Kahel could not harm him. But even so, Kahel seemed too indifferent. No, Kahel seemed to be smiling a little.

Only after realizing it did Viscount Delroins’ voice gradually diminished. Kahel, who was still silent, finally opened his mouth.

“Did no one advise you against making the Duke of Luave your enemy?”

“Don’t, don’t be ridiculous, you’re too young! A demon like you will surely be punished someday!”

“If you believed I was a real devil, you shouldn’t have thought of taunting me.”

And after a while, Kahel finished his personal visit and came out. Although Viscount Delroins looked a little dazed, he wasn’t hurt or threatened anywhere. The 5 minutes alone was too short for Kahel to harm the Viscount. So the guards guarding the temporary prison did not pay much attention.

* * *

“We have arrested the nobles of Kerouac who were attached to Viscount Delroins.”

Gerard told Kahel, who returned from the trial. This time, it was time to punish the rats who dared to oppose the Luave family while being country peasants. Kahel immediately accompanied Gerard and his knights to the tower to the east of the mansion, sometimes used as a prison.

“How many?”

“There was only one person except Baron Jenkins who knew about the mine bombing plan. He said he was Baron Fidelia. His family includes a wife and one daughter. Other than that, the rest are really small fries, so the Duke’s hands will only get dirty if you touch them.”

“Then you’ll take care of that mess. Let Baron Jenkins be rewarded for his work.”

Kahel gave generously to Baron Jenkins for reporting Viscount Delroins’ every move to the Luaves, and then entered the tower to meet the foolish Baron Fidelia and his poor family, who will also die at the same time because of the foolish head of the family.