Chapter 92 - Wizard boy

As Kahel was about to wrinkle his eyebrows at such an unpleasant thought, Lena blushed and said,

“But I think the concerts are really good. I didn’t know there were such beautiful songs. I’ve seen the occasional band of Kerouac play the violin or accordion, but I’ve never seen a piano that big. The songs they played were completely different from the band’s. Are the people who performed or sang today those who studied music professionally?”

“All nobles have studied music at least once from an early age. It’s like an obligation.”

“What? Really? Why?”

“Well. Maybe it’s because there’s nothing else to do? To be honest, I was so busy that it was a waste of time to practice the piano.”

Lena’s eyes widened at those words.

“Your, Your Excellency, you can play…… the piano?”

“Well, I have to do what everyone else is doing.”

“Wow…… ! That’s cool! But I have never seen you play the piano before?”

“Shall I play after a long time?”

Kahel smiled and stood up from his seat. In fact, he hadn’t touched the keys in a long time. But if he had known that Lena liked music that much he would have played it a few times in the meantime. He took Lena and headed to the parlor on the second floor where the piano was placed. Although it was left alone for a long time, the top of the piano cover was clean without a single dust as Arder maintained it.

He opened the lid of the piano and lightly flicked the cold keys. He liked to play the piano quite a bit until he was seven years old. His mother wasn’t terribly ill either, so he did some simple performances in front of his parents, and even if it wasn’t his parents, there were a lot of people who would listen to him.

However, he could not even touch the piano when the devilish powers appeared and until he hung Calia around his neck. He couldn’t invite a piano teacher, and he didn’t have the heart to play the piano. So, Kahel had less time to learn the piano than other nobles of his age. However, as a result of intense practice due to his pride that ‘Luave should be the best’, his piano skills were of a high standard.

Kahel looked at Lena, her eyes twinkling in anticipation, and then began to press the keys. His long, hard fingers were strong and flexible, as if they were made to play the piano, moving quickly and seriously on the keyboard, continuing the enchanting melody.

“Oh my! His Excellency must be playing the piano.”

The maid chief lifted her head and listened to the sound of the piano that began to resound in the mansion. Arder, who was discussing the food budget with her, also stopped what he was doing and quietly listened to the melody.

“I don’t know how long it’s been.”

Arder has been heartbroken. For Kahel, the piano or music was a ‘duty’, nothing more, nothing less. He had no intention of enjoying music at all. In order not to embarrass the Luave name, he honed his skills to the highest level, but it only had the feeling of ‘skill’.

That was reflected in his performance as well, the piano pieces he played were accurate without a single point of error, but it seemed that there was no emotion in it. Arder was always saddened by that. To his young master, it seems that the whole world has nothing but duty…….

But the sound he hears now is completely different. The famous pianist and composer Sedela Armovich’s Piano Concerto No. 2 was more often called <Confession>. Although Kahel memorized it, it was not a song he played voluntarily. The song that used to be like that is now resonating in the mansion beautifully and heartbreakingly.