Chapter 123 - Curtain of the play

‘Were there any residents who haven’t been able to evacuate yet?’

Kahel glanced at the direction the voice was heard. There was a man crouching on the floor, pointing his finger at Kahel, trembling. Yes. He was pointing at Kahel, not the monster.

“Father. There are residents who have not been able to evacuate.”

Kahel said while grabbing the neck of a wild boar-shaped monster that was running towards him. Damien, who was slashing the head of another monster with a sword infused with magical power, grabbed the man’s forearm and dragged the man back that was unable to even think of escaping, looking only at Kahel.

No matter how grotesquely mutated his body was, the human who pointed out his finger and called his son a ‘monster’, when he had generously thrown himself down for the people of Logos, could not look pretty.

“That, that, that is a monster, a monster…….”

“Shut up.”

Damien’s eyes, who had always been gentle, were glowing red enough to tell the anger he harbored in the dark. The man was surprised by Damien’s appearance, so he let out a strange moan and ran away.

He thought that a day like this might come one day, but it was not something that he came up with a countermeasure or preparation in mind. As Damien used his magical power, he felt like his insides were falling apart as he looked at Kahel’s back, whose body was getting more and more black.

Leonard, who had run to the gap between monsters a long time ago, was no longer visible. Damien really wondered if this might have been caused by Duchy Santella.

It was then.

One of the monsters with a purple magic stone on its left shoulder approached Kahel and whispered something and then flew away. And at the same time, Kahel started running rampant.

“Ka, Kahel!”

Damien rushed towards him, but Kahel seemed to have lost his mind for some reason.

Kahel’s body mutation accelerated as his magic power ran wild. His clothes were ripped to pieces by his growing body, and his legs turned into those of a giant wolf. The horns along his spine grew larger, his back covered with hard scales, and his wings began to sprout, similar to those of a bat. His ears were pointed, his red eyes gleamed, and his fangs grew elongated. There were hardly any traces of human beings to be found.

Instead of transforming just his body, his fighting power increased dramatically. He was able to tear a small monster apart with both his hands and feet, and he stabbed and killed the monster with horns that sprouted all over his body. He even had wings, which allowed him to soar into the air and unleash his magical powers. It was a formidable power indeed.

However, while Damien was lost in his terrifying appearance, there was something that the monster whispered earlier that dominated Kahel’s mind.

“Your little bird is trapped somewhere around here. If you don’t get to her quickly, she will become food for the monsters.”

It was the voice of a relaxed middle-aged woman, as if seducing and teasing. The moment he heard it, he immediately remembered what happened in Sharden. Lena said she heard a woman’s voice from the Sevcheks. And those Sevcheks mercilessly scratched Lena’s back. He couldn’t keep his reasoning at all, thinking that she might still be struggling somewhere with the same wounded body as she was back then.

“Santelaaaa!”

Kahel chewed Santella’s name as if roaring and tore the monsters apart.

* * *