Chapter 7 - Their plans

The knight standing next to Sid, laughed bitterly at the delicate voice calling for Sid, then grabbed a handful of Sid’s hair, and raised her head.

“Your Miss is calling you, Sid.”

And thanks to the lamp he held so close, Lena could clearly see Sid’s messed up face. That face with nosebleeds, swollen eyelids, and even lips…….

Lena forgot her fear at the sight and screamed.

“What did you do to Sid!”

“This damn bitch!”

Mrs. Marvin approached Lena, raising her hand to do the same to her. However, Lena lifted her head and opened her eyes horribly.

“Where are you hitting? Viscount Delroins seems to like my face very much.”

At that sound, Mrs. Marvin’s hand stopped. She seemed to regret losing the chance to hit Lena, but she didn’t do anything reckless.

“Hoho. That’s right. The Miss is soon to become the Viscountess Delroins, so how could a lowly person like me touch you? When the day comes, the master will take appropriate measures with you.”

The eyes of Mrs. Marvin, who spoke those words, shone eerily in the dark.

* * *

And the next morning, Lena knelt before Baron and Baroness Fidelia and Elliot. Lena’s attempts to escape made the Baron couple angry, and Elliott raised her voice saying that Lena should be whipped right away.

But Lena, driven to a dead end, did not intend to lower her head any longer. She had to protect Sid, and it was the Baron Fidelia couple who wanted her to marry Viscount Delroins.

“First, I’m going to hit the stable keeper’s daughter until her back bursts!”

It was the moment when Elliot was screaming as if she was going to give an order at any moment.

“Just touch Sid, and we will see if I get married obediently?”

Lena, who had never rebelled against them, threatened with a gloomy voice and raised her eyes. Even if she fell over and broken by Elliot’s mischief, even if she was unfairly beaten instead of Elliot, even if she was bullied by the maid chief and other maids, Lena never uttered a single complaint.

It was the Baroness who first burst into anger at the sight.

“You…… You…… ! What an ungrateful thing to say!”

“I don’t know what kind of grace you’ve given me to make me be ungrateful.”

For the first time in her life, poison flashed in Lena’s purple eyes.

In the unimaginable situation, the Baroness’ voice quivered with anger, and Elliot stiffened with her mouth open. Baron Fidelia, who was sitting, couldn’t hold his anger and jumped up, revealing his anger.

“What? What did you say now?”

“Isn’t that right? I didn’t play and eat here for free, and I was paid less than others and did the most difficult work, but what kind of grace have I received? It’s not my fault that I was born as the Baron’s illegitimate daughter, and I’ve never benefited from that. Yet, after being so hard on me, now you are trying to sell me instead of Miss Elliot. Where is the grace? If it’s such a good place, marry off Miss Elliot.”

“This…… Really crazy…….”

“No, I’m perfectly fine. But if you touch Sid or Uncle Theo, I’m going to go really crazy. Then, this marriage will not go the way you want it to.”