Chapter 90 - I'll Apologize

Gerard was a Count, and was the center of the young black faction nobles, and he must have been a very capable man, but he was not a man famous for his beautiful appearance or popularity among women. And all the men who approached Lena were jealous of Gerard, who was better than them. As a result, they were ignoring Gerard, who acts as the partner.

“No, well, the combination of Sir Langtail and Miss Belrose was obviously nothing more than a businesslike relation…….”

“Isn’t Duke Luave worried about his close maid who had just debuted in the social world and entrusted her to Count Langtail? But Miss Belrose isn’t even a little girl, so why should you do this? I think Miss Belrose would also like to have a conversation with a wonderful man.”

“Isn’t that right, Miss Belrose? How about sending Sir Langtail, who is busy, to the elders over there, and having a friendly conversation with us?”

However, Lena, who was quite offended by their rude attitude toward Gerard, said with a broad smile.

“Yes. I also want to have a friendly conversation with a wonderful man. So, Count Langtail, shall we move over there? This place looks absolutely inappropriate for a conversation.”

At that, Gerard smiled and extended one of his arms to Lena. Lena grabbed his arm, bent over to greet the men with a bewildered expression on their faces, and then moved away.

“You’re already learning how to toll the nobles, you really are a close maid of Lord Kahel.”

“It was they who were rude in the first place. What’s wonderful about wonderful men like them.”

“Thanks to you, I felt like all my old congestion was going down. Hahaha!”

“Isn’t Count Langtail higher than them? Why did they ignore you?”

“Because what they want is for me to get angry. Prior to this, those men were also known as playboys in the social world. Should I say they do things without thinking? After all, they are the bad apple of their family too, so they are arguing with me and trying to bring me down to their level.”

“Then you’re saying that Count Langtail, the closest aide, must put up with all such rude remarks?”

“I don’t deal with trivial ones like that. I will demand an apology from the person in charge. They probably won’t be able to get out of their house for a while.”

Gerard looked okay, but Lena was very concerned that Gerard, who was Kahel’s best friend, was ridiculed.

“Still, I feel bad toward people who are rude to Count Langtail. I think they were mocking His Excellency Duke Luave.”

Seeing Lena’s angry look, Gerard laughed happily again.

“I bet Lord Kahel will be pleased with Miss Belrose’s loyalty.”

At that moment, a familiar voice came from behind Gerard and Lena.

“You two look happy.”

“Oh, Lord Kahel.”

Kahel’s expression was obviously close to ‘bad mood’. And Gerard seemed to know why it was so. From a distance, Lena and himself must have seemed very close.

“Lord Kahel seems to have taken a good close maid.”

“Hmm? What does that mean?”

“I asked her why she felt bad toward the people who treated me rudely, and she said it was because they seemed rude to Lord Kahel who was behind me.”