Chapter 42 - Cursed Constitution

‘His Excellency is doing well, so I got reckless.’

In the wooden bathtub filled with warm water, Lena let out her sighs incessantly. She thought that she was going to take lessons to become a more skillful maid, but she didn’t think that would be a troublesome thing for Marianne. She felt sorry because she thought it meant that she was just thinking about herself.

Besides, she even spoke back to Kahel, who was trying to get rid of her stupidity modestly, and she was so embarrassed that she couldn’t raise her head. She wants to do anything to help Kahel, who only does good things for her, but why does she keep making mistakes and doing stupid things?

Lena, who had been sobbing, barely stopped her tears and hurriedly washed her face.

‘I can’t believe I’m crying over something like this.’

In the Barony, she didn’t cry even though she suffered worse, but she couldn’t figure out why she was crying so much now. Lena, who thought that even that was proof of her recklessness, slapped her cheeks.

‘Don’t cry! You can do better in the future. Stay alert. If I don’t do well, I might get in trouble for Uncle Theo and Sid.’

Lena clasped her hands tightly and hurriedly finished her bath.

But when she returned from washing her body, Lena was bewildered when she saw that the luggage she had left by Kahel’s door was gone. She suddenly felt like she had forgotten where she had even put her belongings, and she was sweating behind her back. As she rummaged around the parlor for a while, she saw Kahel, dressed in comfortable clothes, appearing in the parlor.

“What are you looking for?”

“I’m sorry, Your Excellency. My luggage was gone and I was looking for it. I’m sure I left it here…….”

“Perhaps the maid moved it to your room. Your room is the additional bedroom attached to this room, so go check it out.”

“Yes?”

Lena tilted her head, not understanding what Kahel was saying.

“If this is the room Your Excellency is using…… The second bedroom attached here is my…… Are you saying my room?”

“Yes.”

“However…… I knew the close maid will be given a separate room.”

“That’s why I gave you a second bedroom. Why?”

Kahel also frowned as if he didn’t understand what Lena was saying. Lena bit her mouth when she tried to ask if this was normal. Earlier she talked back at Kahel for nothing, and she upset him, but she didn’t want to be seen like that again. Even though it was a bedroom attached to Kahel’s room anyway, it was far from the main bedroom he was staying in, and in this place without Arder, she had to be his limb, so it was more convenient for her to be nearby.

“I thought it was going to be a separate room. Sorry.”

In fact, it was correct to be given a separate room. It was only Kahel who changed it. This is because, in his sense, who had never had an attendant by his side, he thought it was very inefficient for the maid, who was supposed to assist him in his immediate vicinity, to stay in another room. Of course, the desire to have Lena stay in the same room—even though they were quite far apart to be considered the same room—was not reflected at all.

Lena seemed to agree with him anyway, so she just nodded her head like so and turned around, but it had been bothering him since before. The word ‘sorry’ started to come out of Lena’s mouth again. Kahel felt confused as he looked at her when she began to serve him. Even at that time, she only looked at him and started saying sorry for even the insignificant things.