Chapter 51 - Misunderstanding deepens

While Kahel was originally scheduled to return three days before the New Year’s Celebration, he returned four days earlier, so the Duchy became busier for this reason.

The clothes makers who participated in Luahalla’s business presented their finished clothes in front of Kahel for the first time, and Kahel invited Gerard and Luahalla to discuss more about which nobles to approach and what topics to discuss at the New Year’s Celebration.

In the meantime, his New Year’s Celebration party outfits that he had already ordered before leaving for Sharden had arrived, and Arder and Lena were busy making accessories that fit them.

In fact, the ten days of the New Year’s ceremony were the busiest time of the year for the nobles and employees of Ardennes. Even if they didn’t have a title bit of noble blood, they could attend the New Year’s Celebration and could see the Queen from afar, the noble employees were busy preparing guest rooms and dinners for relatives.

Duchy of Luave was the same. As a family that doesn’t like noisy things, it was quieter compared to other families, but it was natural for the employees to be nervous as guests suddenly came to the mansion that usually served only one master.

To welcome the guests, the Duke’s residence was decorated with a harmonious mixture of black and silver ribbons, and white azalea flowers bloomed neatly wherever the eyes could see. The old dust in the guest’s room was wiped off and redecorated, and the huge table in the dining hall, which was almost useless because Kahel had not used it, was wiped every day. Silverware from the warehouse was taken out and cleaned, bed linen was washed daily, and the stables were swept clean to accommodate the horses soon to be brought by guests.

Other nobles’ employees must have groaned, but Duchy of Luave’s employees seemed to be energized as they thought that their meals are finally being earned

Among them, Lena, who was the least free, took the two apples she had obtained from the chef Mouchet and headed to the stable. Because she heard the news that the stable was almost cleaned.

“Sid!”

“Oh? Lena!”

As expected, Sid was brushing hay dusts from her clothes. The two, met after a long time, are sitting on a stone bench near the garden and biting apples one at a time.

“Since I’m sitting here eating apples with you, it reminds me of the time we ate apples together in Kerouac.”

“Right? Back then, I had to hide in the corner of the stable and eat.”

Even eating a small apple was persecuted, saying, “you steal food like a thieving cat.”

However, at the Duchy of Luave, they were able to enjoy quality food comfortably in their spare time. There were benches all over the mansion so that employees and knights could rest, and the kitchen provided plenty of snacks. Every time this happened, it was the two of them who realized that they had been saved.

“You said that you and the Duke went to the northern regions?”

While crunching a red, ripe apple, Sid asked about Lena’s recent situation, which she had not seen in a while.

“Yes. It’s called Sharden. It must also be a territory ruled by the Duchy. It snowed a lot and the fields were all white. We even rode a sled there.”

“Wow, really? What did the snow sled look like? What pulled it?”

Lena grinned at Sid’s question, who had the same thoughts as hers.

“No, the reindeer pulled it. The sled looked like a carriage without a roof and wheels, but there was no such thing as a coach seat, so the Duke himself drove the reindeer. The reindeer looked like a deer the size of a horse, but they even had large antlers, so I was a little scared.”