Chapter 4 - If you can't avoid it, enjoy it

If you can’t avoid it, enjoy it.
Viscount Ruben Delroins was a perverted old man who only pursued young girls in their teens, even at the age of fifty. The family had a lot of money, so the scandal seemed to have been covered up somehow with money. The problem was, the last girl he teased was the daughter of Count Cadbury.

When Count Cadbury learned that his youngest daughter had been molested by some perverted old man, Count Cadbury immediately challenged Viscount Delroins to a duel. Both of them were in their 50s, but Viscount Delroins, who made most of his money from commerce, was a person who didn’t even know how to raise a sword, compared to Count Cadbury, a former Guardsman. If he had fought the duel, he would have ended his life on the spot.

Viscount Delroins asked for help from Count Malen and Duke Luave, but they vehemently rejected it, and in the end, he was able to put a request for mediation to the royal family, and the duel was finally put to rest. In return, of course, he gave Count Cadbury a fair amount of money, although he would not be able to set foot in Ardennes until the scandal subsided.

On such a subject, he openly criticized the fact that the reason he was driven out to the countryside was because the Duke of Luave who did not properly protect him. In addition, ‘The Duke of Luave is a prostitute who seduces men and women of all ages and mixes bodies’, and rumors spread that he was taking advantage of all the interests through the pillow talks. It would have been fortunate if that was all he did, but he recently used a nobleman on the side of the Santella family and was trying to attack the Luave family.

“If he wants to argue, argue with Count Malen, but I don’t know why he dares to mention Your Excellency.”

The young man acting as Kahel’s aide shook his head and clicked his tongue, but it was because of Logos’ unique social structure that allowed Viscount Delroins to insist that the Duke of Luave was obligated to protect him. The title of nobility in Logos was also divided into five ranks, but the system and function were quite different from those of other countries.

There were two dukes, nineteen counts, and a large number of viscounts and barons in Logos. Marquis was an honorary title, so they had no territories and no political influence, and were varied in number.

The nineteen counties, which can be said to be the largest political class among the aristocracy, were further divided into the black faction, which is the subordinate of the Luave family and the white faction, the subordinate of the Santella family, and the neutral faction, which belongs to no faction in particular. It was followed by the Viscount and Barons under it.

And since Viscount Delroins was tied in the line under Count Malen, who was a black faction, he believed that the Duke of Luave had to protect him. However, it was a matter that should be addressed to Count Malen from the beginning, not a matter that the Viscount should dare to bother the Duke with.

Kahel just smiled while reconfirming the ugliness of shameless humans. Because this was common.

Kahel buried himself a little deeper in his chair.

“By the way …..… Any news from Luahalla?”

“Luahalla…… Luahalla, Marquis of Rognac? Why bring up the Marquis of Rognac suddenly…….”

“We seem to be able to help each other, so I’m trying to build a strong relationship ahead of time. I think it’s time I heard from …….”

“Isn’t this the first time the Marquis of Rognac and the Duke met?”

“It is.”

“Don’t say…… He opened up to your powers?”

“A little?”