Chapter 107 - To escape the devilish powers

It would have been better if Lena was Viscount Ruban’s daughter. Even after making his mind over and over again, evidence swirled in his mind that seemed to indicate that she was the Queen’s heir. It was Dashar’s words that thumped at the end.

“I cannot foresee how Lena will change when that seal is lifted. I don’t know what was sealed inside. But when I saw the mighty power of the seal…… It is certain that something great is going to happen.”

The hand holding the document trembled slightly.

“Your Excellency…… ? Are you okay?”

Gerard, who felt an abnormality, asked, examining Kahel’s complexion. Kahel asked back to Gerard with a noticeable agitation.

“There must have been a search team to find Her Highness Heila.”

“Ah, well, that’s right. All families with a little influence must have formed a search team. The family that finds the Queen’s successor first will gain power. I wonder if the Duchy’s family should also send out some people.”

“I’ll leave it to others to find Her Highness Heila.”

“What? Are you serious?”

“Do you think Santella will stand still while we are looking for Her Highness and her daughter? We must first prepare to face the Santella family’s sudden action.”

“But if a direct line of succession is found, even the white faction nobles will not choose Lady Santella as queen.”

“Dozens of monsters popped out near the Sage’s village, and Luahalla was attacked by the monsters. Does that sound like a coincidence? Considering that the Santella family is involved in this case, there is a high probability that the person who released the monster was the Santella family. So you have to be prepared.”

“That is true, too. Understood, Your Excellency. I will prepare.”

Gerard greeted Kahel with a sullen face and turned away quickly. The Santella might have interfered with the search for Heila itself, or they might have rebelled while the search was delayed. Before that, he had to prepare the troops in advance.

With that thought in mind, Kahel struggled to erase the thought that Lena might be the Queen’s bloodline.

* * *

‘I think I’ve underestimated you.’

Lena sighed as she sat on the stone steps in the backyard of the Duke’s residence with a sullen face.

For the past few days, she has been trying relentlessly to spy on Kahel without being detected. His routes were obvious, so she thought at first that it wouldn’t be difficult for her to sneak a peek at him. But Kahel was so thorough, and since the night he went to Hildebrunn, he hadn’t shown his handsome face even as much as a fingernail.

Previously, she was prepared to run into each other and even waited quietly in Kahel’s office, but it was as if he was looking into the inside of it, and there was no news.

‘I wanted to see you…… I wanted to see you…….’

As the days went by, her heart was filled with tears. Even after her mother died, it seems that she did not miss her this much. She felt like she was such a bad child and at the same time too shameless. After suffering for a long time from her guilt, sadness came.

She buried her face in her lap alone and whimpered, when she heard a welcome voice.

“Lena? Are you crying?”