Chapter 96 - You will regret it

Liddell was not at all surprised, although from Fabian’s mouth came a destination that no one in the Royal Family should have known because it had not been announced in advance.

“Yes, it is. Your Majesty is always watching over everyone.”

It was clear that she was being sarcastic, but at first glance, she had a kind tone. Fabian’s eyes grew more fierce.

“What is the purpose of not reporting to the Royal Family while planning to use force abroad?”

“Oh! That’s a misunderstanding, Your Majesty. My father just went to get things related to the business of the family. So, he didn’t report it to the Royal Family. Except for Father’s escort, the knights of Santella did not move at all. You may release the Royal Guard and check it out.”

“If only one Duke Santella can annihilate an army of knights, is that an excuse now?”

“Then it is nothing more than saying that whenever a blood relative of the Santella family or the Luave family goes abroad, they must report to the Royal Family. Do you intend to leash the two Dukes?”

It was an obvious provocation. It was obvious that Liddell would come out like this.

“Where is the evidence that Father will use force, Your Majesty?”

“Do you think that I do not know that you are about to attack the Sage’s Village?”

“You are misunderstood. We only intend to trade goods necessary for our business in cooperation with the Hildebrunn Royal Family. About attacking the Sage’s Village, I don’t know where you’ve heard of that. On the contrary, it is highly doubtful that the messenger had any impure intentions, Your Majesty.”

The Sage’s Village will be in ruins due to a ‘sudden’ swarm of monsters. Evidence of the Santella family’s involvement was nowhere to be found. It must have been Kahel who told the story, and although she wondered how he knew this, she wasn’t afraid.

Liddell even pushed Fabian’s most sore spot.

“If Your Majesty is sincerely worried, please make me submit with your power. If Your Majesty is offended enough to use your powers, I will gladly contact him to return.”

Fabian’s complexion became pale, and Liddell’s smile brightened just that much. Fabian’s remaining power now, far from subjugating Liddell, even delaying her extinction for more than a year, was in a state of jeopardy. After a moment of silence, Liddell smiled as if she knew.

“Seeing that you are not using your powers, Your Majesty’s words may not be meant to be sincere. After all, business-related outings are also permitted by national law. So now that the misunderstanding seems to have been resolved, can I leave?”

It was quite rude for a subject to request to leave the Palace first. But Liddell didn’t even want to show that kind of courtesy anymore. The emotion in her blue eyes was clearly contempt.

“You will regret it, Lady.”

“Me? Do I have any regrets, Your Majesty? As a foolish subject, I do not understand Your Majesty’s words very well. Ah! I’m going to keep quiet about what happened here today. It happened due to a simple misunderstanding, but I think it might be seen by some people that Your Majesty’s power has run out.”

Fabian clenched her teeth while looking at Liddell who disgraced her until the end.

“Just go back, Lady Santella.”

Liddell bowed her head in perfect manners, as she did when she first came in, and left. Even her excessive manners seemed to be mocking Fabian, so Fabian clenched her fists and trembled.