Chapter 121 - I'm the Guardian of Logos

“With two Duchies, it will be fine. It’s okay.”

Someone from the white faction said in a trembling voice. The two Duchies have defended the countless hardships that have occurred in the Logos so far in the name of the Guardian. So, everyone repeated as if praying that it would be the same this time as well. But all of a sudden, everyone’s hair stood tall at the sound of a scream from afar.

“Kyyyaahhkk!”

It was a scream from afar, but it wasn’t a human scream. No human could have made such a loud noise. It was a terrifying roar they had never heard before. And as if the sound had been a signal, several screams began to resound afterward.

It was then that the nobles realized that this was not normal. Everyone ran out of the conference room and looked in the direction of the sound. In the distance, something black was approaching, pounding the ground.

“The Imperial Knights protect Her Highness Nadia and Her Majesty! Hurry up and line up the knights from each family! Even if it’s the Duchies, they can’t stop it!”

Count Melix, the chairman of the nobility council, shouted, and everyone rushed to their feet. However, the black faction nobles instructed the escort knights with relative stability. It was because the Knights were prepared by order of Duke Luave.

At the same time, they swallowed dry saliva at the fact that the “one in a thousand situation” that Kahel was talking about was more terrifying than they had imagined.

* * *

Not long before the roar of the monsters were heard, Lena was in pain holding her aching head as if it was about to break. No matter how much she ate the headache pills, it was no use, and now Lena was struggling with the pain to the point that her eyes couldn’t see properly. Her shoulders were sore from straining and tensing her body, but she was afraid that her head would explode if she relaxed her strength.

Lian looked at Lena like that and was restless.

“Wake up, Lena! I’ll send you to Luave’s mansion soon. Can you hear me?”

He had been preparing a carriage and skilled men to send Lena back. But in the meantime, Lena’s condition was much worse.

“Isn’t it difficult to go like that, Young Master?”

“It’s not that difficult. But I need to know why and what causes pain…….”

“Would you like to call a doctor?”

Lian thought about it for a while, but it seemed that if he would really leave her as is, and if something big happened, he would not have anything to say to Kahel later. Then, Kahel will never leave the Santella family alone.

“Call him. Be careful not to get caught.”

“Yes.”

He knew that Liddell was looking for him, but Babel Street was one of the areas where the common people of the capital lived. The appearance of a noble lady would cause a commotion from afar, so it was unlikely that they would be suddenly surrounded.

However, such calculations were all messed up because of the appearance of a horde of monsters.

“It’s monsters!”

“Kyaaaak!!”

“What is that! Uwaahh!”

The screams that started from the northern wall of Ardennes were gradually growing into great confusion and astonishment. Babel Street, which is relatively close to the north, was already filled with screaming and shouting from people, so the roar of the monsters could not be heard. In this state, even if Liddell’s carriage appeared, there was no way to know in advance.