Chapter 104 - Is it love?

“What happened?”

Ragdrill, with a pale face, asked the chief attendant.

“An urgent letter was sent calling for His Highness Luahalla. He will be coming to Hildebrunn soon.”

“Hmmhmm…… damned boy…… It was obviously Luahalla who leaked that attack plan. Look at the nobles rise up as if they were waiting. I will pluck the disturbing buds at this opportunity.”

The chief attendant frowned at him further, and then withdrew, and Ragdrill filled a tin cup with wine and grinded his teeth.

Not long ago, a letter from Liddell had fueled his anger.

-You know our plan was leaked, right? Thanks to that, it was quite difficult for us as well. I was even interrogated by Her Majesty the Queen herself, so it’s not an ordinary matter. This is obviously the work of Marquis Rognac. He must have put people in the palace and watched His Highness’ every move. If you leave it like this, nothing can be done in the future.

Invite Marquis Rognac to Hildebrunn for reasons he can’t refuse. As soon as he crosses the border of Logos and into Hildebrunn’s, the monster will attack him. This time Duke Luave will not be able to be with him, so Marquis Rognac will surely die. I await Your Highness’ decision.

Ragdrill, who lost his temper due to impatience and inferiority complex, believed Liddell’s letter like a rock. In particular, it was said that Duke Santella was also in a very awkward situation due to the failure of this event, so he could feel the kinship between the two.

‘Yes, it’s just that I haven’t been able to make a decision because my heart has been caught so far. This is what I have to do.’

Although Luahalla was quite a useful talent, it was not enough to give up the position of Crown Prince. In the current situation, there might have been voices calling out to make Luahalla the Crown Prince.

‘Anyway, once the border is crossed, even Duke Luave cannot be reckless. If only Luahalla dies, the nobles will have no choice but to accept me as Crown Prince.’

Ragdrill waited for the right time with a gloomy smile.

* * *

At the same time, Kahel was startled by the strange news Arder had brought.

“Lena’s……father…… ?”

“Yes, it is. He’s the one who asked to meet with Miss Lena several times, but this time I got a call asking to help put Miss Lena in his family register. Previously, I ignored him because I thought he was just chasing after her, but seeing that he claims to be the father of Miss Lena and even sent evidence, it seems that he is serious.”

Kahel looked carefully at the materials Arder had given him. Viscount Albert Ruban. He was the man whom Count Castello, a white faction noble, had as his servant. He married quite late for a noble, and in his early fifties, he had an heir who was only nine years old, and it seems that he had also lost his wife early.

He had a lover whom he promised to marry when he was young, but it is said that opposition from his family was severe because of the fall of the lover’s family. However, he tried to force the marriage, and his predecessor, who could not stop him, pressured his lover to leave.

A woman pregnant with his child leaves Ardennes for the future of Viscount Ruban, who has searched for her for more than a decade, which is said to be the reason his marriage was delayed.

And he found Lena at the last Luave tea party, and he was confused because she resembled his lover so much, and when he followed Lena’s traces, it was said that they matched those of his lover.