Chapter 14 - We're getting

The ‘morning meeting’ was a place to openly share recent events and thoughts over a light breakfast once a week. At first glance, it might seem like a happy family breakfast dinner, but the fact that no spouses can attend, only the head of family and candidate for succession can, and the fact that many business ideas and elimination plans of the Santella family were born here. It was a place that could never be ignored.

As Liddell comforted Lian and his expression softened to some extent, Leonard Santella, the head of the Santella family, smiled and brought up the topic.

“Viscount Horace eventually went bankrupt. Tsk tsk. It was really reckless. From the moment he took Viscount Delroins’ hand, he’s out of his mind.”

“Well, is it what you expected? I couldn’t even laugh at how ridiculous it was when I heard that he was just trying to fight the Luaves like that.”

Lian raised his eyebrows and responded with a sullen attitude.

“But confiscating Viscount Horace a huge compensation was a bit too much. He had good, sympathetic reasons for doing that. It is said that human affairs are impossible to predict, and I am not worried that this will cause trouble for Kahel.”

Liddell said, dropping her eyebrows worriedly. But Lian raised his curious eyes and looked at her.

“Do you think Kahel was at fault? Or is he plotting something?”

“Brother, you too! What are you talking about? It’s just…… It’s true that Viscount Horace is a little pitiful. Of course, it cannot be denied that he was stupid, but I think it was a bit too much to dock 70 million luans in compensation from the Viscount who lost his young daughter through a…….”

“Did you say that at a party or gathering?”

“Oh God! Can’t I just talk about this with my friends?”

“Pfft. No, no. That’s not possible.”

Lian smirked and giggled, and when Liddell’s expression turned sulky, he quickly calmed himself down. However, even with a simple sympathy, the weight that came out of Liddell Santella’s mouth was different from that of an ordinary noble lady.

Liddell may have just sided with Viscount Horace, a white faction nobleman, but it will secretly create an atmosphere among people that Kahel was too much. Perhaps reading that thought in Lian’s eyes, Liddell protested by inflating her cheeks once again.

“But it’s not really like that. I also told the ladies of the meeting firmly. This is just a personal feeling, and I respect Kahel’s decision in the end. And the young ladies and wives who attend my scripture readings aren’t the people who talk about these things outside.”

“What? Scripture reading? Why the hell are you making such a gathering? Ahaha!”

Lian shook his head for a while. It was cute to make an angry face with an angelic face but his sister seems to have mistaken it for a terrifying look. She was even cuter for that.

After the morning meeting, Lian returned to his bedroom to make up for his lack of sleep, still smiling uncontrollably. But that smile was a little bittersweet than before.

‘We’re going to become enemies, right, Kahel?’

The Duchy of Santella and the Duchy of Luave were not only in a competitive relationship, but also in a relationship where they had to help each other. With each family carrying half of the country, a sudden crisis on one side was also a crisis on the other. Therefore, the children of the two families felt a sense of sympathy with each other and often met.