Chapter 62 - You have good eyesight

On the eve of the tea party hosted by Kahel’s aunt, Countess Mariela Delroot, Zairdelle, a jeweler, quietly visited Kahel’s office, carrying women’s jewelry sets and other items.

“Thank you for calling me again, Your Excellency.”

“I like people with a heavy mouth.”

Zairdelle hastily bowed his head.

The Duchy of Luave no longer traded with the fur merchant who had leaked Lena’s existence. He regretted it till he hit the ground, but Kahel did not reverse his decision. Most of the merchants he summoned kept secrets as much as possible, but Zairdelle was the only one who didn’t say a word. Kahel praised him for keeping his mouth shut even in the presence of a fairly large intelligence fee.

“Look at the things I brought.”

Zairdelle spread various things on the thick velvet. When he was told to bring something ‘for a young woman with purple eyes’, he somehow remembered the maid who was choosing jewelry together at the time, and he included quite a few items that would suit her lovely and cute impression. That was his instinct as a merchant. And, sure enough, after a while, the maid came in.

“Your Excellency…… I really don’t need these things.”

“There is something I need to do.”

“Yes?”

“You know that my aunt is having a tea party tomorrow, right?”

“Yes. Of course.”

Because of that, the whole mansion was still busy preparing for the party, and in the midst of that, she was almost uncomfortable to death to have jewelry in front of her. Of course, Lena wasn’t a chore maid, and she herself was determined to get used to her position after the last incident, but it was a conscience to be free on her own when everyone was busy.

“You will have to attend the party tomorrow, too. There is no need to feel burdened because you just need to show your face, but it is a problem if the employee under me is too shabby.”

“Oh, I see.”

Kahel glanced at Lena who was more cautious and was trying to figure out as she went through the items Zairdelle recommended, rather than when buying for her own.

“If I were to greet an employee of the place like you mentioned earlier, a calm, inconspicuous yet subtly luxurious pearl is the best choice. A pearl with such a perfectly spherical shape will quickly be appreciated for its value by those who gathered.”

Zairdelle said, offering a set of cream pearl earrings and necklaces.

“Hmm. It’s okay. I’ll get it. I want to see amethyst, too.”

“How about this? The maid’s eye color is such a beautiful purple, so it cannot be compared to that, but among the amethysts we have, I brought the one that best suits the maid.”

The three-piece amethyst set he presented was made of amethyst and diamonds, but it had a presence without being flashy. Moreover, Kahel liked what Zairdelle had recommended.

‘Certainly, there is no amethyst more beautiful than Lena’s eyes. You are a merchant with good eyesight.’

He nodded his head with satisfaction.

“Well. That’s good, too. I’ll take it. And some fancy stuff. Something good for a banquet.”

“Your Excellency!”

Lena, who had been watching Kahel and the jeweler by the side, called Kahel in a small voice.

“Oh, you don’t like it? Come to think of it, I didn’t ask the person who would become the owner. I’m sorry, Lena.”