Chapter 113 - There is something strange

Her father must have bought those expensive sweets, too, and thinking about how the two of them often went to a teahouse like this to drink tea together, she smiled for no reason.

“Of course, of course. We used to come here often.”

“What did Mother like?”

“Ah…… She liked hot scones with a bit of bittersweet tea. I used to spread jam for her.”

“Really…… ?”

“Sure. Helena doesn’t like very sweet things.”

Lena tilted her teacup and hid her awkward expression.

‘Strange. Mother obviously liked those sweets with a lot of sugar…….’

Scones, he said, her mother had never liked scones. It was even easier to make than the oddly named cookie.

“Did you go to the New Year’s party with Mother?”

“Actually, by the time the Arzew family fell, they were quite poor, so it was difficult to enter the palace together.”

“Then…… Mother must not have seen the fireworks.”

“She probably didn’t get to see it up close.”

“She couldn’t even…… dance.”

“A poor Baron’s Lady didn’t have many occasions to go to banquets.”

There’s something strange. Her mother told her about the fireworks at the New Year’s celebration, as if she had always seen it up close. She said it felt like she was the main character of the world when she was dancing a waltz at the moment when the fireworks exploded.

She became suspicious, and the name ‘Helena’ was also bothering her. She wondered if she had remembered it wrongly because she had only heard it once as a child, but no matter how many times she looked back, her real name was Heila, which she had heard directly from her mother. That memory was strangely clear.

“Well, maybe…… Are you really sure that I’m Viscount Ruban’s daughter? It’s different from what I know…… Her name is not Helena…….”

To bring this up, Lena had to have a lot of courage. She had to break the expectations and hopes of a man who only thought of her as his lost daughter, so she was kind of sorry.

However, as he continued to look at the clock and Lena alternately, he did not panic and smiled.

“I know. It was supposed to be Heila not Helena, right?”

“Yes, that is correct! But why…… ?”

At the same time, her head suddenly went numb and her whole body began to crumble out of her will. She didn’t even have time to scream. The last thing she saw was Viscount Ruban approaching her with a broad smile.

* * *

At that time, the noble conference room where Kahel was sitting in was filled with murmurs. Voices of surprise and admiration, relief and doubt mixed together, creating a heated atmosphere in the conference room. Not long after they searched for Heila and her daughter, the Santella had found Heila’s daughter.

“Quiet, quiet! Duke Santella. Now tell me how you found the child.”

As the Queen’s roar barely quieted the conference room, Leonard cleared his throat, shoving the young lady that was crouching her shoulders next to him.

“First of all, we organized and spread information about Her Highness Heila, as well as information that can be inferred about her daughter, in Mare and the surrounding areas, including the retainers, business associates, and all temples. I asked them to contact me.”