Chapter 127 - Poor thing

“How the hell did this happen?”

A bewildered question erupted from the mouths of those who watched. It’s unknown how that little voice got into Liddell’s ears, but she felt extreme anger and fear. It was a stage where she was the perfect protagonist, and an intruder who suddenly broke in ruined everything. The day she had dreamed of was not to end this way.

Liddell clenched her fists and lowered her body in the distance, looking at the horde of monsters waiting for her command. Her blue eyes shone and she chanted a spell full of malice.

“Kill them all. Destroy everything you see.”

At that low and gloomy command, the helpless horde of monsters arose again. The roar of monsters began to resound over the land that had even been somewhat quiet, and only then did people realize that they had approached the defense line too easily.

“Run, run away!”

“The monster is alive again!”

“Where is the angel? Angel!”

However, despite their mourning calls, Liddell did not defeat the monster. Rather, she smiled as she looked back at the people of Ardennes with cold eyes.

“Trash.”

She could have staged a play that made her attack only Kahel and Lena and made herself an angel, but even that bothered Liddell, who was deeply angered by interruption of what she had planned for so long. Why did she have to look into the eyes of the bugs? Everyone knelt in front of Fabian, who had no power left. So, she would be in a position to look down on everyone without having to play around.

The earth rumbled as the horde of monsters was running. But Lena did not let go of Kahel.

Liddell was going to throw them all as food for the hordes of monsters. It seemed like she would let the horde of monsters eat Lena and the commoners, and then push it into the Royal Palace. Being revered as an angel and ascending to the Queen’s position would be difficult now, but at least she would not be deprived of the Queen’s position.

But in an instant, a huge light burst out from behind that made the whole world seem white.

“Gasp!”

Even Liddell could not escape and fell into a sudden surge of power. As soon as she fell into the light, all the noise around her disappeared, time seemed to pass slowly, and deep emotions soared from the depths of her heart.

No one could have guessed how long they had been wrapped in the light. They were just dumbfounded, and when they woke up, everyone was on their knees on the floor.

The cold air seemed to seep into the warm light, but the light suddenly disappeared. It wasn’t just the light that disappeared.

“The horde of monsters…….”

“How could this be…….”

People couldn’t talk properly. The horde of monsters, that approached as if they were going to trample on everyone, turned to ashes without a single one left. It was the same with the dead monster’s corpse. They all turned to black ashes, making them question whether their existence was really real.

Liddell could not believe this. No, not everyone here would believe it, but no one would have been as perplexed as Liddell.

“No…… no…… This can’t be…….”

But Liddell’s denial did not change the situation. Lena, who had poured out tremendous strength, took a deep breath, wiping the sweat from the tip of her chin.