Chapter 10 - A girl who is unaffected by the devilish power

Kahel narrowed his eyes and looked at the weeping woman in the corner of the cell. Since the manifestation of his devilish power, it was the first time that an ‘ordinary person’ had not been in lust even with the curse of the devilish power that was released fully. Even the knights had a hard time if he took off Calia and completely released his power. However, the girl who is the daughter of a rural noble is sitting there with a sane mind.

He sat in front of the cell bars and looked more closely at the woman begging for her life at him. She, who had not yet taken off her girlish getup, was an ordinary noble girl with dark brown hair, purple eyes, and a moderately pretty appearance.

He couldn’t even remember the face of Viscount Horace’s daughter, who committed suicide out of love for him, but it seemed more ordinary than this young lady.

However, for a noble young lady, the appearance of begging for her life was so raw. Those educated to be nobles, at least pretending to defend their pride, were bound to fall down, but this woman was praying with her hands together, as the commoner ones would do.

In addition, she also began to hiccup as she cried so much and she was so terrified that she could have run out of breath without even Kahel having to use the sword.

“Elliot…….”

“Hiccup…… hiccup…….”

“Are…… you really the daughter of Baron Fidelia?”

At those words, the woman’s eyes suddenly fluttered. She then glanced at the dead Baron, where he had died, and then she looked back at him and swallowed.

“Hiccup…… huuu……In, in fact, only, only the Baron, hiccup, is my, father.”

Hearing the woman’s words barely slurred through the hiccups and sobs, Kahel immediately realized that she was the illegitimate daughter of the Baron. However, the report stated that Elliot Fidelia was born to the Barony couple.

“Are you an illegitimate child? It’s a little different from what I know. Surely, you’re not thinking about things in your head right now, are you?”

“N, no, no! I’m, not, not Miss…… Elliot. Huuukk…….”

“You’re not Elliot Fidelia? So, what’s your name?”

“It’s….it’s Lena.”

“Is it true that Baron Fidelia is your father?”

“Yes…… Yes, that’s right, that’s right…….”

However, considering that it was the illegitimate child, the dress Lena wore was quite luxurious. She really was like a young lady of a Baron.

“You’re an illegitimate child and you’re treated like a daughter, that’s surprising.”

“The, the truth is…… hiccup… … I worked as…… the maid…….”

“Is that so?”

Lena shook her head and begged again, thinking that the question was mixed in with anger.

“I, I, huhu, really, didn’t want to… … !”

Kahel smiled slightly as he watched Lena cry while saying things he couldn’t even understand. Then he put the sword into the scabbard, and put Calia, which had been taken off, around his neck again, and summoned the knights who would be waiting under the tower.

“Remove the corpses appropriately, and lock that woman in the attic inside the mansion. Never be rough with her.”

Gerard and the knights were surprised at the existence of a woman who was still alive, but they followed the master’s orders without question.