Chapter 100 - Curse and Seal

“Sorry. But now I’m a little surprised. No one ever oppresses me in the Luave family. You don’t have to worry about that.”

“I see…… Yes, it must still be very surprising. So can you spare some time later? I’ll contact you when you’re not busy.”

Lena was half-relieved of Albert’s tone that seemed to be considerate of her. Come to think of it, his hair was a very similar color to her own. The tip of her nose wrinkled because she thought that the face of the person her mother loved was like that.

Her mother said she would have watched the fireworks on New Year’s Celebration night and danced a waltz with this person. This person must have bought the expensive sweets with a lot of sugar. How much did she love this man, she even thought of going far away with his child in her body.

When her father, whom her mother loved, asked with such anxious eyes, it was difficult for her to refuse the request. Of course, she also wanted to meet her maternal grandmother.

“Yes. Let’s do that.”

“Thank you, Lena. Thank you.”

Albert again buried his face in the handkerchief and his shoulders shook, and Alice, who was looking at him pitifully, patted him on the shoulder. Then she turned her head to Lena.

“I am so glad Miss Lena is able to meet your family. But please don’t tell Luave about this yet. Viscount Ruban’s life may be in jeopardy. Can you promise me that?”

Lena hesitated for a moment. She thought that Kahel had no reason to object to her meeting her father. But Alice once again earnestly begged,

“I’m not saying it’s going to be a secret forever. Viscount Ruban is preparing materials to register Miss Lena as his child. When ready, the Viscount will first make a formal request to the Luave. Until then, please keep it a secret.”

Lena nodded her head tremblingly because Albert’s eyes were so desperate.

“All right. I will do that.”

“Thank you, Miss Lena. Even if Miss Lena may be unfamiliar with the father you have just met, but you will soon be listed in Viscounty Ruban’s family register, so it’s better to prepare your mind a little bit by then.”

Alice and Viscount Ruban did not force Lena to do anything. Their tone of voice was soft, and the suggestions they offered were not difficult to accept. Lena lowered her head slightly as she thought she must have been too wary of Alice. Lena went back to the parlor, where she enjoyed the tea party to the end, and then she went home.

* * *

“Thank you, Duke.”

At the entrance to the Sage’s village, where there are no surviving monsters, Hersh greeted Kahel on behalf of the villagers. The corpses of the monsters piled up in front of the village were all burned out with the magical flames Kahel had created, and the area around the village was quiet as before it had been subjected to a terrible attack.

She later discovered that part of the magic stone in the warehouse had been stolen, but she thought it was fortunate that no one was seriously injured. The only difference from usual was the uneven surface of the earth, as if there had been an earthquake.

“You don’t have to. After all, I was going to get paid from Dashar. This is, after all, a fair ‘deal’.”

“From Dashar, you’re going to get paid?”

Hersh looked at Dashar with worried eyes. But Dashar was not at all agitated.

“When do we start doing it? It will take about an hour.”