Chapter 112 - Lena's Outing

“Are you going to send someone to Logos?”

It was a boy whose voice had just changed.

“Dashar?”

At Hersh’s call, Luahalla realized that the boy was Dashar and greeted him politely.

“I have heard a lot from Kahel. You are a great sage.”

“Ah, that’s an exaggeration.”

“Is it too much? Kahel’s curses had never been touched, but you had weakened a significant amount of one of them?”

Dashar’s cheeks turned red. He was a boy who was growing up, but still very young.

“Then, why did you ask such a question?”

“Ah…… I think I should send a letter to Duke Luave.”

“Is this important?”

“It is about the flow of magic. I wasn’t sure, but I was almost convinced when I heard that Your Highness had been attacked by monsters.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve been studying the flow of magic since the last monster attack. Up until now, I had only thought of it as a hypothesis, but after hearing Your Highness’ words earlier, I became convinced that my hypothesis was correct. And according to it…… A great magic is moving within the Logos. I think I should inform Duke Luave about the situation.”

“It seems that the Santella family is preparing for something amazing. It’s important, so I’ll take it with me.”

Dashar looked happy and ran to his house, and after a while came with a letter written in magic ink.

Returning to the capital, Luahalla was awarded a medal directly by the King for normalizing the medicine supply and preventing the deterioration of relations with the Sage’s village. But for Luahalla, it wasn’t about just putting a single piece of metal on his chest. What he gained from this was the support of the hesitant central nobles.

‘Of course, Father is shaking quite a bit, too.’

Astold’s eyes looking at Ragdrill were completely different from before. Before, there was no alternative, so no matter what stupid things Ragdrill did, he had to go round with it, but now it will be different.

Luahalla felt relieved and a little dazed that everything was going according to Kahel’s words, and he embarked on the next plan.

* * *

At Logos, the nobility council was convened again. Kahel did not know why the meeting was called, but it was the Queen, not Count Melix, who called it. There seemed to be another important announcement.

As Kahel prepared his entrance, he struggled to keep his complicated mind at bay. He didn’t know that maybe they already found Heila’s daughter and were hiding her.

“I never thought the day would come when I would understand how criminals feel.”

His throat burned. He had no intention of losing Lena to the Royal Family, and it was difficult for him to recognize her as Viscount Ruban’s daughter. When he suspects she is of the Queen’s blood, he thinks, ‘Maybe she is the daughter of Viscount Ruban.’ With that, he made an excuse.

But seeing Lena trying his own cravat every week eased his guilt.

‘I can’t let Lena go until I find confirmation.’

On the one hand, he even thought about having a wedding with Lena in an informal affair before things could go any further. Although there is no way there is no interest in the Duke’s marriage.