Chapter 8 - It's more like a poison

Of course, Kahel had Calia around his neck and his devilish power was tightly suppressed. However, it wasn’t just the devilish element that made him attractive. Even if he hadn’t had the devilish power, he was already the most beautiful creature in the Logos. Moreover, even at a very young age, he led the family without being beaten by Duke Leonard of House Santella, and he had great charisma.

Miliana fell in love with Kahel helplessly. For a young lady who had never felt lacking in her life, and had never had something that she wanted, Kahel gave her a drug-like thirst. Since then, Miliana has suffered from a mental illness. She would go wherever Kahel appeared, and harass her parents for access to him.

Viscount Horace, a noble of the Santella family, did his best to control his daughter that was hanging on to none other than the Duke of Luave. But the power of love far exceeded the expectations of Viscount Horace. Miliana protested against him for a week, abstaining from food and drink to get access to Kahel. There is no parent who can beat their children, and Viscount Horace eventually submitted an interview request to Kahel Luave.

But that was the decisive mistake of Viscount Horace. When Miliana, who had already fallen in love with Kahel and her energy was weakened by fasting for more than a week, stood right in front of Kahel, she was completely enchanted by his devilish power that gently spread from him.

Miliana wanted to win Kahel more frantically than she had before. But there was no way for a Viscount’s daughter to make the Duke of Luave her own, and in the end, Miliana risked her life.

She wants to be his lover, so she wants him to accept her love, and she calls him to the ‘Temple of Erne’, adding that she will die while hanging on to Kahel’s carriage.

The Temple of Erne was a temple where men and women swore their love. It was a temple with a legend that if a couple was formed there, they would love each other forever, and it was also a temple with a high bell tower.

But Kahel Luave didn’t mind her threats at all. Because there wasn’t just one or two people who made threats like that. But what made Miliana Horace different from the others, was that she really chose death when she wasn’t chosen by Kahel.

Viscount Horace, who had been scouring Ardennes all day in search of the missing Miliana, found her body at around 5 am when the priest of the Temple of Erne rushed in.

Viscount Horace did not understand why Miliana had committed suicide and he held her funeral in great sorrow. And it wasn’t until he found her diary in the desk drawer while cleaning her room that he knew why Miliana was at the temple and why she had committed suicide.

Viscount Horace ferociously resented the Duke of Luave.

“Even if he didn’t accept the child’s love, he could have gone and comforted her just once! He turned away from the child who was willing to give up her life! He’s not even human!”

Everyone else comforted Viscount Horace who was in a desperately boiling resentment.

“It must have been heartbreaking for you to lose your daughter.”

“That’s right. Considering her parents, the lady shouldn’t have been like that.”

Baron Fidelia shook his head in disappointment. Frankly, they couldn’t really understand Miliana, who gave her life just for love. Because they had never seen Kahel Luave before. In that regard, Viscount Delroins had a deeper understanding.

“He’s beautiful enough to make you lose your mind. But shouldn’t everything be in moderation? Excessively beautiful things are more like poison. In any case, it would be better for Kahel Luave to be imprisoned in that mansion, so that no one is swayed by his poison like Lady Horace. It would be better if he died.”