Chapter 70 - A coffin without a corpse

Leonard followed Margella to the cave. As he went downstairs, he could occasionally hear the voice of beasts that seemed otherworldly.

“Controlling through magic stones is definitely effective. In particular, it is fascinating that if you control only one leader, you can control monsters of the same type as well. The downsides are the price and short supply of magic stones. Moreover, the higher the level of the monster, the larger the size of the required magic stone, and another downside is that the magic stone cannot be recovered when the monster is killed by the enemy.”

The magic stone was quite expensive. Unlike other minerals that were buried in large quantities once they found a vein, magic stones were embedded in small amounts in unexpected places. It was possible to dig in places where the force of nature was distorted or severely impacted, such as near the earth struck by lightning or near an epicenter of earthquake. The quantity and size were different, and it was so rare that, thanks to that, miners around the world were looking for a place where magic stones are highly concentrated.

“Rather than worrying about money, securing the magic stone itself would be the problem.”

“Well, the Duchy of Santella will never dry of gold, but the magic stone is not like that.”

Margella shrugged her shoulders and walked.

“Besides, Duke Luave noticed that the monster with the magic stone around the neck was the leader. And the magic stone was taken away.”

“As expected, he’s a quick-witted guy.”

“So I devised a way to put magic stones into the body of the monster. The processing of the magic stone is a bit troublesome, but it is much safer and more controlled than hanging it in the form of a necklace.”

When Margella opened the door of the underground bunker where the monster army had been held, Leonard witnessed all kinds of bizarre monsters wandering around more quietly than before.

“Amazing.”

“It was more convenient to make a magic stone in the form of an arrow and shoot it rather than attaching a necklace to the rampaging bastards. There’s about as much as a wound, because the demons heal quickly.”

“You really are a genius, a genius.”

“Thank you, but I want Your Excellency to help me a little bit. We can’t really put a magic stone into it on our own.”

Where Margella pointed with her eyes, a huge monster entangled in all kinds of magical barriers was twisting its body. With a satisfied smile, Leonard took the large magic stone from Margella and approached the iron cage where the monster was trapped. Although the magic stone was quite large, it was nothing compared to the size of the monster.

“Does the location matter in any way?”

“You just need to avoid putting it near the head or heart.”

Leonard nodded his head once, then gathered his magic power into his hand, which was holding the magic stone. It was difficult to control the power because the magic stone itself could not penetrate the body of the monster, but as the head of the Santella family, he was good at controlling magic. Then, as it was, he shot the magic stone at the monster’s stomach.

“Kuwaaaaa!”

The monster with the magic stone embedded in its stomach screamed and ran wildly in pain. The blood from the monster started to swell on the floor, but at the same time, the wounds on the monster also started to heal.

But for Leonard, it was a scene that was not very impressive. It was because the self-healing of wounds was not surprising to the direct blood relatives of the two Duchies.