Chapter 126 - Destruction and Salvation

The unleashed monsters rushed towards Kahel, and Kahel reacted to it before Liddell.

It was hopeless just by seeing the number of monsters, but Kahel had no choice but to fight by scraping away his magic again and shooting at them. If left as it is, the people of Logos will only become food for the monsters.

The sense of duty as the Guardian of Logos was engraved in his bones, so he stopped the monsters without even thinking that his life might be in danger.

But, things have changed from before. The more he fought, the more he felt that his strength was accumulating in his body, rather than losing his strength. The feeling he had felt since fighting Liddell was now so clear that it could not be considered an illusion. At the same time, a feeling of elevation that burned his brain paralyzed his reason.

‘I will kill them all! Die! Die!’

Only killing came to mind, and the blackened body had no hesitation in obeying the order to kill from his head. He didn’t even care about getting the blood on him, and while intoxicated with the slaughter, he exploded the monster’s brain, pulled out the intestines, and stopped its breathing. In the violent pleasure of destroying something, Kahel gradually forgot what he was standing for. With a fading strand of reason, he only thought for a moment that maybe this was his essence.

It didn’t look sublime at all, even though he knew that seeing monsters killing monsters was meant to reassure people. Those who had been watching all the sights from behind the line shuddered and retreated.

“How did such a monster appear? What is the temple doing!”

“Oh, what should we do? After killing them all, won’t it come to kill us?”

“Still, there is the angel…… !”

Not knowing that it was the very same angel who summoned the monsters, everyone looked at Liddell with all their heart.

Liddell was looking for an opportunity to kill Kahel with a single blow when he was moderately weak. But then, Kahel, who was running rampantly to kill the monsters, suddenly stopped. And Liddell knew what was causing him to stop.

“Kahel! Stop! No more!”

It was Lena who had been hidden in the carriage by Maria. She was running hard towards Kahel from afar. She couldn’t figure out how to jump over the corpses of monsters piled up like obstacles in front of her, but she desperately called Kahel.

“Lena…… ?”

He called Lena’s name with a shrill voice that sounded like he couldn’t even remember what his original voice was. The red eyes were stuck in one place and would not fall. In the meantime, even though the monsters were clinging to Kahel’s body and inserting their teeth, he couldn’t take his eyes off Lena.

He recognized himself as his head, where everything had been fading, became clear again. A monster that lost his mind and went crazy for slaughter…….

“Kahel! Get back!”

But Lena sees him and calls him ‘Kahel’. The traces of Kahel that he already knew had gone, and she must have just seen him smiling while smashing monsters on the ground…….

Even in the dire circumstances, Lena’s voice became his salvation. Even when he thought of himself as a total monster, Lena simply turned him back into Kahel. And she would sacrifice her life to save Kahel Luave in any form.

Liddell, who looked at him silently, snorted.

“What tear-inducing loyalty? Or is it sympathy?”

Liddell didn’t think Lena’s heart was love. By Liddell’s standards, it was impossible to love such a hideous thing in this world. But anyway, it was a good opportunity for Liddell. Liddell strengthened her sword and then fired it in the direction of Lena who was running.