Chapter 63 - The death that day

“It could be.”

As Kahel responded lightly, Liddell continued to speak as if questioning him, with her docile eyes twinkling.

“I know Kahel is smart and good. Anyone who asks for the perfect specimen of a young head will think of Kahel. But everyone makes mistakes, and there are lessons to be learned from them, right? For example…… something like compassion…… ?”

At those words, the people around realized what Liddell was trying to say. It must have been related to the rumor that began to spread quietly from the second day of the Celebration, ‘Kahel Luave killed a completely unrelated person other than the actual daughter in the process of slaughtering the criminal’s family together.’

Of course, since the dead are commoners, no family would dare to argue with Kahel, but if this is true, Kahel’s status of ‘perfection’ will be cracked. Once ‘perfection’ is cracked, it is no longer perfect, and after that, no matter how well he does, he can’t go back to ‘perfect’.

Everyone’s attention was focused on the young and beautiful man who perfectly performed the Head’s duty while carrying the devilish curse. They were full of anticipation as to whether his human side would finally be revealed, as he seemed even more devilish because he was so flawless.

Kahel subtly enjoyed their gaze and pretended to be ignorant.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.”

Liddell raised her eyebrows as if in embarrassment and wiggled his hands, opening her mouth with difficulty.

“Remember Baron Fidelia, who was stripped of his title about half a year ago for taking part in the crimes with Viscount Delroins?”

“Ah! You’re talking about the Baron of Kerouac, who was involved in a crime plotted by Viscount Horace. Yes. I remember.”

Although the center of the crime was Viscount Horace, a white faction noble, Liddell’s tactic of mentioning only the name of Viscount Delroins, a black faction noble, was a hint of how she cleverly manipulated public opinion. Even though Kahel knew what was going on, Liddell was not at all flustered.

“That’s right. That person. At that time…… I heard that you even beheaded his family?”

“Yes. It was. I can’t afford to let the people try to blow up the Duchy’s main property and risk my life.”

“Kahel. If his daughter were still alive, would you want to kill the Lady, who is not yet twenty?”

Kahel looked at Liddell with a faint smile. It was a great performance as always. Kahel once again thought it was clear that Liddell thought she could really be the goddess of mercy.

“You’re talking as if his daughter is really alive, Liddell.”

The people around them were watching this elegant showdown with excitement on their faces. When Liddell came out like that, she meant that she had already secured Baron Fidelia’s biological daughter. Even if it wasn’t for Kahel, everyone knew that. Will Kahel then admit the existence of the Baron’s biological daughter? Will he acknowledge his mistake? And if Kahel doesn’t approve of it, how will Liddell prove it?

As they ate the tea and refreshments in front of them, everyone was anticipating who would win.

As Kahel looked at Liddell coldly, Liddell gave a shallow sigh with a sympathetic face and nodded her head slightly.

“Of course, now she is listed in the family register of my distant relatives, she is not ‘Elliot Fidelia’, but ‘Elliot Lucenwein’. Now that she’s from the Lucenwein family, I hope Kahel would let her go. Because the lady is trembling with anxiety every day. Could you have mercy on her, Kahel?”