Chapter 17 - Next steps

“Lena.”

“Yes, Your Excellency.”

However, when Lena, who had shuddered every time he spoke, finally calmly answered his call without fear, he felt a sense of accomplishment, free from all doubts and boundaries. If even the gradual changes were acting, she must have had a knack for that.

Anyway, it seemed like they could move on to the next step now.

“The day after tomorrow, an important guest is going to visit me. I’ll leave you to take care of the clothes and dressing for that day.”

Lena, who had been working on attending duty during morning wake up, tea, eating, running small errands, and getting ready for bed in less than a month, was to be the first to touch his bare body. It was kind of a challenge for Kahel, who was extremely reluctant to have anyone touch him. Besides, he didn’t even fully trust Lena yet.

“Yes. All right. Then may I go into your dressing room? I think I will have to pick out the clothes you will wear that day in advance and get it ready.”

“Oh, that’s right.”

He had never let any employees take care of clothes before, so even if he thought about it well, it felt like he missed something.

“Do you have any clothes you have decided to wear?”

“No, it’s not really like that. The clothes are all similar, so pick any one.”

Lena tilted her head slightly at those words. Although not as much as women’s dresses, men’s clothes also came out in colorful and diverse designs. In Lena’s sense, it wasn’t something that could be expressed as ‘they are all similar.’

But after looking around his dressing room, she seemed to understand why he said, ‘they’re all similar.’ Because all the clothes…… are really similar.

Shirts with slightly different details were hung on one side, and vests, coats, and trousers made only in dark fabrics were hung on the other side. The material was obviously of the highest quality, but compared to the status of a duke, the number was too small and the design was also very simple. It seemed that the shirts and trousers were a little loose.

She knew from Arder that the people of the Duchy are more modest than she thought, but it seemed to her that it was more that they deliberately tried not to be noticed than that they were being modest.

And Lena didn’t know, but in fact, the speculation was true to some extent.

In order to fit the clothes, a professional tailor had to come and measure the body precisely, but it couldn’t be harder to measure while touching Kahel’s body. The tailors took two bottles of the purification potion and took measurements, but even that couldn’t last more than 30 minutes. Paying close attention to the change in the tailors’ state of mind in detail, Kahel also had a difficult time being measured.

A few times the knights took measurements instead, but there was no way that crude men who were not experts could measure him delicately, so he could not put on clothes made by the knights and had no choice but to present them to the person who fit them.

Since it is difficult to measure for such clothes, he had no choice but to make them with a basic design that did not require delicate cutting. Kahel didn’t want to wear fancy clothes that caught people’s attention either, so he wasn’t too dissatisfied.

Of course, Kahel’s physique and beauty supported him even when he wore such modest clothes, so no one said that his clothes were out of fashion. They’re too busy just looking at his face, so who cares about Kahel Luave’s clothes? Even if he had spent three or four hours at the party, it was clear that no one would remember his clothes.