Chapter 23 - The devil of temptation

“The family of angels is a bunch of people who are very different outside and inside. I was meeting my father and my brother and we were telling the story well, but the next day, a rumor that I had betrayed Hildebrunn suddenly entered their ears. It was the day after Duke Santella’s younger brother visited the royal family. So, who would have come up with such a rumor?”

“Because the intelligence strength of the Santella family is no less than that of the Luave’s.”

“It’s not that I’m angry. If it had been only that, I would have understood that it was to politically keep the Duke of Luave in check.

“Did anything else happen?”

“Yes! With the theme of making my life in Hildebrunn like a lamp before the wind, the Santella family tried to convince me that they could improve my relationship with Hildebrunn. Who do you take as an idiot? I almost threw up my own stomach and put it in the face of that noble who pretended not to know anything.”

“Ahaha! If you really did, I would have given Sir Luahalla a mansion.”

“Could you have saved my life before that?”

Thanks to Luahalla, who gets agitated and swears at the Santella family, Kahel smiles happily after a long time. He had forgotten that that pleasant ringing had a very bad effect on the hearts of others.

“With the fact that Sir Luahalla came to me at this time, does it mean that you have made up your mind now?”

“Ah, well, I’ve actually decided since the last time I visited, but…….”

“That’s good.”

“Isn’t it Sir Kahel’s work that soothed the Hildebrunn royal family?”

Ragdrill, who was raging to kill Luahalla due to the scheme of the Santella family, was quickly softened by the amount of bloodstone sent in the name of Luahalla. After reading a memo saying, ‘A bloodstone sample is sent at the request of Marquis Rognac’, the king of Hildebrunn even praised him, saying, ‘After all, Luahalla is the best diplomat in Hildebrunn!’ when seeing the 5 tons of bloodstone.

“Would I have placed all the burdens on Sir Luahalla? If it’s about that amount of bloodstone, it’s not a big deal if you look at the future of the business.”

Luahalla, who had nodded his head at Kahel’s relaxed voice, soon returned to a serious expression.

“The price of lylok per ton that Hildebrunn wanted was 1.1 million luans.”

“And what’s the price that Sir Luahalla will give me?”

“It is 700,000 luans per ton for a five-year monopoly supply. Sir Kahel said you didn’t want to bargain, so I gave the maximum I could lower it to.”

To be honest, it was a very welcome proposal for Kahel, who thought 800,000 luans per ton would be the maximum. Of course, it will never be free.

“Great. First of all, I will write a provisional contract. Arder!”

Arder, who had already prepared paper, pens and ink, set down a silver tray in front of them. Luahalla hesitated for a while at the contract that went straight through without any fuss, but soon caught his attention on the handwriting that started dancing straight on the paper.

“Hildebrunn will exclusively supply lylok to the Duchy of Luave for 700,000 luans per ton, and the Duchy of Luave will purchase more than 300 tons every year for the next five years. Currently, Hildebrunn’s annual income from the export of lylok is about 45 million luans, and the annual income to be obtained through this contract is over 200 million luans, so for Hildebrunn it’s also a profitable business, isn’t it?”