Chapter 137 Duke Luave's Residence's Love Story (3)

Arder pondered for a moment, then got up.

“Wait a minute.”

Nelia tilted her head as she looked at Arder’s back who abruptly got up during the discussion and entered the bedroom. But Arder returned quickly.

“This would be more comfortable for fixing the shawl.”

He glanced at Nelia for a moment asking for her consent, then grabbed her shawl and removed the safety pin when she nodded. Then, he secured it with the yellow sapphire brooch he had brought. The dark yellow brooch with a hint of orange was a good match for Nelia, who had hazelnut-colored hair and brown eyes.

“Th, thank you. I will return it to you tomorrow morning.”

“It is a gift. It seems more suited to Nelia than to me.”

“But…… !”

“It’s not a big deal, I’m just giving you what I don’t need, so don’t be pressured.”

Arder repeatedly told her not to be pressured, but Nelia couldn’t. Because she had never bought jewelry for herself, but that didn’t mean she was ignorant of the price of jewelry.

At first glance, it is a yellow sapphire with an unusual brilliance or transparency, and Arder, the butler of the Luave family, could not have had any cheap items in the first place.

But it was also embarrassing to say things like, ‘This must be expensive.’ In the end, Nelia laughed embarrassedly and said her thanks to Arder.

“Thank you very much.”

“It’s nothing.”

Arder gazed contentedly at the shimmering brooch on the auburn shawl, which she must have knitted herself. In fact, it was an expensive brooch that he ordered from Zairdelle, but it didn’t suit him as much as he thought it would, so he kept it separately to give to someone else. It felt like the brooch had found its place now.

Looking at the brooch, his gaze turned upward. Again, a blush appeared on Nelia’s both cheeks, who was looking at the shining sapphire from her chest. She had a round forehead and thick, straight eyebrows. Every time she blinked, the thick eyelashes moved up and down along with it, and her nose, like her personality, was straight. A shy smile appeared on her pale lips.

Nelia was normally pretty. Had it not been for her difficult circumstances, she would have been quite a popular young girl in her youth. But she devoted all her youth to her family, and she didn’t know how to love herself.

“Then…… I’ll go back.”

“I’ll send you off, then.”

“What? Well, you don’t have to.”

“I just want to check the lock on the windows in the hallway on the second floor as well. It is because I am in a hurry and I get worried.”

Arder took the bloodstone lamp beside him and left the room with Nelia. He immediately tried to take her to her room, but Nelia said that he would check the locks with him as well, so they walked slowly down the hallway on the second floor and checked the lock on the window one more time. Occasionally, they ran into maids and servants, but it was not surprising to see Arder and Nelia walking around the mansion together.

An hour had passed since they had such a trivial conversation, checked all the locks on the second-floor window, and escorted Nelia to her room. If he was alone, 30 minutes would have been enough. But he didn’t feel like he was wasting his time.

A few days later, while spending a normal day, Arder was standing at the landing on the second floor and found Nelia crossing the hall on the first floor. She seemed to be teaching the young maids who had just arrived. It was a scene that could have been overlooked casually, but Arder’s gaze, as usual, was directed to the shimmering yellow sapphire brooch under her white shirt collar. It was the brooch he gave her to fix the shawl.