Chapter 110 - Magic Tower's alcohol

“Then, how did Lady Rosenheim come to hold a tea party on Miss Leslie’s behalf?”

Leslie let out a small sigh at Lena’s question.

“Let’s call it the nosiness of an overly friendly Lady. I happened to attend a small gathering, and the tea party became a hot topic there. When someone asked me something, I just said honestly that I didn’t know because I had never hosted a tea party, and Lady Rosenheim suddenly spoke up. As a noble Lady, she said that a tea party must be held, and that she would help out because I didn’t know…… Everyone was responding to Lady Rosenheim’s words, so I couldn’t refuse Lady Rosenheim’s favor on the spot.”

“I see. You must have suffered.”

“Well, I can’t say no.”

Lena burst into laughter as she saw Leslie still scratching the back of her head like a commoner. In fact, Lena was the same in the noble world that was difficult and uncomfortable, so she was more than happy to have an easy-going friend like Leslie. Lena unwrapped the gift Leslie had given her.

“What? Is it… alcohol?”

“Yes, that is correct. It’s a precious drink that’s like medicine. I drank a little too, and it’s alcohol, but it’s not bad at all and it’s very sweet.”

“Thank you, Miss Leslie. If you drink a cup before bed, you will sleep better.”

“No, no. I am not saying that.”

“Yes…… ?”

“This is a drink that has the effect of stabilizing the flow of magical power. It is a liquor made in the Magic Tower of the Tartan Empire. To be honest, it’s quite expensive.”

Even in Leslie’s explanation, Lena had a face that said she did not understand. Leslie took a deep breath, like an older sister did to her younger sister.

“Miss Lena. You say you’re the Duke’s close maid, right? Then you have to think about how to look good! Please pour this drink to His Excellency at mealtime or before bedtime. You can also explain how good this drink is. Then His Excellency will say, ‘My close maid is like a close confidant’, won’t he?”

At that moment, Lena burst into laughter. Leslie thought Lena was a precarious Baronet that’s why she had brought a precious gift for her.

“Don’t say you got it from me, just say that Miss Lena got it difficultly for His Excellency. Oh, don’t laugh.”

“Ha, but Miss Leslie, that’s too funny.”

“Ugh. From the first time I saw you, Miss Lena seemed so naive. The favor of those in power is really important. Miss Lena is the only maid for now, but what is the law that says you will be like that in the future? So before that, you need to get a proper eye from His Excellency in advance.”

Lena seemed to be looking at an elderly chattering wife from somewhere, and she continued to grin. But she appreciated Leslie’s heart for thinking of her, and Lena nodded her head saying that she would. Besides, when she thinks about it, there’s nothing wrong with giving it to Kahel.

That night, Lena made Kahel’s bed and poured a glass of wine she had been given instead of the sleeping tea and placed it on the bedside table. The dark red color looked like wine at first glance, but it had a sweet aroma that was completely different from wine.

“Hmm? It’s not the sleep tea today.”

“Ah, Your Excellency!”

As soon as Lena looked back at Kahel, Kahel wrapped his arms around Lena’s waist and kissed her. The kiss, once started, didn’t end easily, but Kahel managed to muster his patience and barely pulled their lips apart.