Chapter 82 - Sage's Village

At those words, Ragdrill seemed quite surprised.

“Oh my…… What level of research achievements did the Santella family achieve?”

“Honestly, I have a lot to brag about, but if it leaks, it could cause disturbances or attacks from the Luave family. Please understand me for not going into detail.”

Now, even in Ragdrill’s head, the image that Santella is an angel and Luave is a devil has been solidified. Besides, the Luave family is helping Luahalla, and the hatred for them has grown even more. Even though it was a family that he called ‘our friends’ when they signed the Lylock export contract.

“The Sage’s Village will be devastated by hordes of monsters that have suddenly appeared for unknown reasons. After receiving the report ‘belatedly’, Your Highness sends knights to protect the village, but unfortunately the knights will arrive after the village is annihilated. Really, unfortunately.”

“Puhahaha! Yes. I always give preference to the Sage’s Village, so I will dispatch the knights as soon as I receive the call. Unfortunately, only the corpses of the sages will be recovered.”

Ragdrill continued to giggle, as if he was pleased with Liddell’s plan.

After more fine-tuning of the details, they concluded the secret meeting. Their meeting, as well as Liddell’s visit, were all unofficial.

Very satisfied with his meeting with Liddell, Ragdrill got drunk that night. He drank more than usual at the thought of clearing away the Sage’s Village, a thorn under his fingernails for many years.

“Your Highness. Is there anything good going on? You look happy today.”

The mistress, who had been pouring alcohol for him, asked in a mischievous manner.

“Hehehe. A good thing. Of course, it’s a good thing.”

“What’s going on? Can’t you just tell me a little bit?”

Embracing the mistress’ narrow waist, Ragdrill groaned as if he had succeeded in a great negotiation.

“Soon the Sage’s Village will be destroyed. It means that we will get back the Tanel Forest, which has been turned into a den of beggars.”

“Oh! Really? But those people are wizards. I heard that they are using some kind of magic to keep other wizards from entering…….”

“Hahaha! It’s different this time! They will be torn to death by monsters. I will send two knights as troops to defeat the monsters, but the knights will probably come back with only sad news. Kekekeke.”

“Monster? Is that possible?”

“That’s right, sweet Cassandra. I’ll let you know that in ten days a horde of monsters will suddenly appear in front of the Sage’s Village. But, this is a secret. If this rumor goes out, you won’t be safe either.”

“When was the last time I was careless with my mouth? I always obey your orders.”

“Hoo, right? So, tonight you’re going to follow my orders too, right? Hehehe.”

Ragdrill let out a lascivious laugh and got entangled with the mistress. Cassandra was, as she said, a clever woman with a heavy mouth, so Ragdrill trusted her.

But there are no perfect secrets in the world. The Sage’s Village, who were still suspicious of the royal family’s movements, had sent an ‘ear’ to the royal palace. It was an enchanted white bird, and what the white bird saw and heard was passed on to the Elder Hersh in the Sage’s Village.