Chapter 118 - Because of love

That was unexpected even for Luahalla. It was a political incident that occurred while he was trying to convince the nobles and make contact with the powerful ones behind the scenes to attack Ragdrill.

“There is a mistress called Cassandra that he loved. People were openly saying that the Crown Princess of Hildebrunn was Cassandra. She was quite smart and had a good appearance, but…….”

“I don’t really care what she was like.”

“It’s a long story. But the case itself is absurdly simple. The mistress, who was so favored and in power, felt betrayed by my brother. My brother recently brought in a different mistress.”

“Even so, it’s too sudden.”

“Brother’s new mistress ripped Cassandra’s self-esteem to shreds while clinging to him. She had had a few drinks too, and Cassandra was dancing a sword dance to cheer up Brother. With a sword in her hand and another flirtatious lover flirting in front of her, he was perfectly setting himself up for what was going to happen. She surrendered herself immediately after killing Brother.”

“It’s a really futile ending.”

“It is said that love can set people on fire.”

Kahel snorted lowly. It was the same way with Lena, even a woman who was nothing more than a dancer risked her life for her love. He wondered if the word ‘love’ was a word that came up so often.

“Anyway, that’s it, so don’t worry too much about Hildebrunn. I don’t know what kind of deal Brother made with the Santella family, but we’re constantly looking for and eliminating people still on his side. And I will continue to use my agent for business in Logos. I request Sir Kahel’s help to keep the business going.”

“Absolutely. The Luave family is also benefiting from that business.”

“By the way, what are you really doing? Sir Kahel is in the worst condition since I met you.”

Luahalla asked as he felt a crisis even after drinking the potion of purification, and opened the lid of a new potion that was next to him.

“Because of love.”

“Pfftt!”

Luahalla unwittingly spewed the potion of purification. This was irresistible.

“Cough, cough! Sorry, sorry.”

After coughing for a while, Luahalla finally calmed down and asked again,

“Did you just say it was because of love? Did I hear it wrong?”

But Kahel didn’t reply. Luahalla opened his mouth wide and emptied the potion of purification that was still in the bottle at once.

“Is…… Is it because of love?”

“Lena has been kidnapped.”

“Lena…… ? Who is Lena…… ah! That maid girl!”

Luahalla was proud of his memory, but his complexion immediately turned pale again.

“That …… That girl…… is Sir Kahel’s……?”

Kahel didn’t answer, but that was the answer. Kahel spoke in a gloomy voice to Luahalla, who was smirking,

“Liddell is a strong mastermind.”

“Ohh…… Lady Santella’s wits are like a ghost. How did she know what I didn’t know?”

“Whether it’s because she knows I love Lena, or if there’s another reason, I don’t know yet. We haven’t had any contact since the kidnapping.”