Chapter 78 - It's worth paying attention to

‘Is there anyone who confuses E and H when writing a name?’

That’s also the very first letter.

It could have been ignored, but it was signaling to Herod, who had been a member of the investigation team for a long time, that there was something.

‘Eileen…… It could be a pseudonym.’

Maybe her real name starts with an H. An image of a woman mistakenly writing her real name unknowingly and hastily erasing it was easily drawn in front of his eyes.

“Great. Let’s finish the investigation by tomorrow and follow Eileen’s footsteps until she came to Kerouac the day after tomorrow. We don’t know who the people ahead of us are, but we need to get more information than them.”

Herod was thinking of scouring this neighborhood, based on the story of the two people who remembered when she first appeared on the Kerouac.

As he descended to Kerouac and looked for traces of Eileen, he learned another shocking fact, that there were other people who had gone to find out about Eileen just before they came down. Since they were the only investigation team dispatched by the Luave family, those who came to Kerouac before them were highly likely to be their enemies, and they did not even know that they might be the culprits that stole Eileen’s remains.

Once again, they carefully reviewed the information about Eileen and left the place.

* * *

And the information gathered by those who searched Kerouac one step ahead of Herod’s investigation team, was already in their master’s hands.

“Is that true?”

“Yes, that’s right. It has been confirmed that the maid from last time was given the title of a Baronet, and that she accompanied him on this trip to Terra Luave.”

After hearing about Lena’s current situation from an informant planted around the Luave family, Liddell looked at the information brought by the investigation team sent to Kerouac the day before once more. What was more interesting than Lena was her mother.

‘Eileen. She was a pretty woman with silver hair and purple eyes? It doesn’t make sense that such a woman lived without being harmed once by jealous women or by beastly men. What the hell did she do? Did the Baron protect her?’

Eileen, who lived in the capital and then moved to Kerouac, was a beautiful widow who raised her young daughter alone without a husband. People had heard that Lena’s father was Baron Fidelia, but the midwife who received Lena said Eileen was already showing her belly when she came to Kerouac.

‘Well, then. There must be something special about the father, so she did not react to Kahel’s devilish powers. Could it be that an illegitimate child of the bloodline of Luave or Santella? Or the royal family……?’

Liddell, who was quietly scanning the contents of the investigation, called for Elliot. Elliot had grown up with Lena for eight years, so she must have had some useful information.

“Did you call me, Miss?”

Her greeting became much better thanks to the fierce etiquette teacher given to her, but Elliot’s expression was still dissatisfied. It was getting harder and harder for Liddell to put up with Elliot, but she didn’t seem to have exhausted her use of Elliot yet, so she smiled brightly again.

“Oh my! After taking Mrs. Discato’s class, your manner of greeting is very different from before. Should I say you’re like a high-ranking noble? Anyone looking at you would think you are the Lady of a Count.”