Chapter 89 - Social Debut

“Your, Your, Your Excellency! This, this, not, doesn’t suit me!”

Lena was so embarrassed that she even stammered. However, anyone would be shocked to receive such a gorgeous and expensive-looking necklace. The necklace, which had a purple ruby ​​egg embedded in it between hundreds of tiny diamonds, seemed to be choking just by hanging it around her neck.

“If you look at this one now, it may look flashy, but when you go to a banquet, you will realize that this is nothing. There won’t be only one or two people who come out wearing much more glamorous and dazzling jewels.”

“Bu, but……!”

“I told you, right? You will be introduced as my close maid. Should you be humble in a place like that?”

“Ah…….”

Kahel thought that was a good excuse to push her, and he smiled a little to himself.

“Don’t lose heart to the necklace this much. The person you serve is a much greater person.”

“Understood. I’ll, I’ll do my best!”

No matter what she was trying to do, Kahel thought Lena was so cute that he was about to die. He really wanted to hug her tight, but he couldn’t and was about to die.

* * *

On the day of the Spring Banquet, the weather was warm and sunny. Even so, Lena’s fingertips were cold and trembling.

“What if I make a mistake? No, I will definitely make a mistake.”

She has been like this since yesterday. Seeing that she had darker double eyelids than usual, it was clear that she had not slept well.

Her finely combed, wavy hair, delicate makeup, a lilac-colored dress that suits Lena, and a diamond necklace shining from her neck were all beautiful. But Lena, who was worried that it was wrong everywhere, had no time to admire herself.

Kahel held Lena’s hand. She felt startled, but she didn’t take it out.

“Don’t worry, no one can curse you for your mistakes. You will be protected under the name of Luave.”

Lena’s heart softened as the large, warm hand covered hers. Her heart was pounding hard as if she was reacting more to his devilish power, but even if Kahel noticed it, she was relieved because she could roughly say that it was because she was nervous today.

After she thought of that excuse, she wanted Kahel to keep holding her hand. So, she quietly bent her fingers and gently squeezed Kahel’s thumb that had come into her palm, and Kahel pretended he had forgotten he was holding her hand. Leaning his torso toward her is enough to make his back hurt. Lena, and Kahel, wanted this time to feel the other person’s body temperature lasts for a long time.

But unfortunately, the carriage soon reached the Queen’s residence, Victoria Palace. Kahel was so sad that he had to remove his hand from Lena’s, which was gently grabbing his finger. Even if it borders on Lena’s fear, he wanted to touch her more. But the man named Duke Luave could not be pampered.

“I’ll say it one more time before we get off. I am behind you. If there are those that ignore or bother you, just memorize their names accurately. At the next party, I’ll make them bow their heads in front of you.”

Lena found her courage in Kahel’s hand, which was holding her hand tightly as if it were energizing her.

“Sigh, whoo…… I will do my best!”

Seeing Lena smiling full of energy with her last deep breath, Kahel also smiled. Then he first got off the carriage and escorted Lena down after. From that moment on, Lena had to endure the pouring gaze. Being a woman escorted by Kahel Luave, this was a very surprising event for those who knew of his devilish power.