Chapter 139 - Sweet Rebellion (1)

Living as a Queen is not that easy. If it was a person with a strong desire for power, they may not know it, but otherwise, it could be said that the position has more bad points than good points.

She had to get into the habit of being polite to everyone and had a handmaid who corrects her attitude and posture all day long. But that was nothing compared to the work of the Queen. The things that were supposed to be granted lined up one after another, and she had to check reports from nobles and appeals or requests from commoners through the ‘civil court’.

Not only that, there were so many events, seven events that had to be held in a year. However, just because there are seven events does not mean that it takes seven days only. Make a plan, track progress, tailor a dress, prepare a speech, make a list of things that needs special attention to, ask the right person to do the right thing…… Then, half a year seemed to pass quickly.

Lena had little regrets a year after her accession as Queen. Although she regrets it, it was not a matter of will that Lena became the Queen.

“The only thing I like about my position as a Queen is that I am able to marry the Grand Duke. But do you know how long the time I was able to spend with my husband last week? Less than seven hours! All we did was look at each other’s face and greet each other before going to bed!”

Lena was voicing her resentment to the chief attendant with an almost crying face. The chief attendant, who was unluckily caught, sweated profusely, and struggled to comfort the Queen.

“You were just crowned. There would be a lot of matters to deal with, of course. Things are slowly getting sorted out, so maybe you can spend more time together in the future.”

“Really?”

Her droopy eyebrows and tearful eyes made the chief attendant even more troubled. Their new Queen was more likely to attack people with these sad eyes than with mighty power. And that would make them want to do anything apart from their obedience to her powers.

“That’s right! Surely, it will be. Shall we shorten the audience time by 5 minutes today?”

Since there are only 10 people waiting for the audience, reducing it by 5 minutes would amount to 50 minutes. It was obviously a tempting offer, but Lena, who thought about it for a moment, shook her head slightly.

“I don’t want to hear them say I’m already lazy. The Grand Duke will be in trouble, too…….”

Kahel was just as busy as Lena. Frankly, with Kahel taking on a lot of work, Lena could get to sleep. Especially since she has so many places to go as the newly crowned Queen, with the reconstruction of the Capital and the civil office installation getting delayed. If it hadn’t been for Kahel, Lena might have quit being the Queen and fled.

In any case, notifying Kahel of a sudden change of schedule, who would be as hectic as Lena, would be like a child’s prank. Lena, holding back her desire to see Kahel, again pretended to be a grown-up and started her audience schedule.

But it was when the seventh guest’s audience had just ended.

“Bring in the next audience member.”

As Lena gave orders in a tired voice, a friendly face popped out of the entrance of the audience room.

“Huh? Kahel!”

“Your Majesty.”

Contrary to the startled Lena, Kahel smiled softly and walked over to Lena and lightly kissed her on the cheek.

“What are you doing at this hour?”

“Actually, I missed my wife so much, so I have adjusted the audience time as I please. Please forgive me.”