Chapter 101 - Crazy

Kahel was speechless at Dashar’s question. Rather, Lena was so different from others to the point that he had to pick out her similarities with others.

Lena wasn’t affected by his devilish powers. Although she suffered serious injuries, she was healed in one night. She was not at all swayed by his appearance, and she preferred the safety of others, who supported her during her poor days, rather than jewelry or dress. She didn’t want revenge on those who tormented her, nor did she welcome her nobility title.

He knew that she could smile more innocently than anyone else in the world, and every time she ate food, she was truly impressed by it. She was really good at massaging with her little hands and she was more happy when she gave her back than when she received a gift.

Was she different from others? Rather, she was a child who had nothing in common with others. She was a child that he had no choice but to love. Because she was like the only light in his darkened life.

Dashar let out a small sigh as he accepted Kahel’s long silence.

“Your Excellency seems to have something in mind.”

Kahel sighed louder than Dashar. He doesn’t know, but whenever he thinks of Lena, he’s unlike himself. Dashar dropped another bomb on him.

“But the seal…… It will be released soon.”

“The seal is being released? Didn’t you say you don’t know what’s locked up?”

“Yes. So I am telling you this. I don’t know how Lena will change when the seal is lifted. But when I saw the mighty power of the seal, I am…… certain that something great is going to happen.”

It was quiet inside the hut. Dashar watched the famous Duke Luave’s eyes fluttering anxiously. It was clear that the maid, Lena, was not of ordinary significance to Kahel. But, perhaps as Duke Luave, when Kahel closed his eyes tightly and opened them, no one could even see the residue of agitation in his eyes anymore.

“Thank you for telling me. But I hope you don’t tell anyone about this.”

“I understand. I wish you all the best.”

Kahel nodded his head heavily and stepped out of the little hut. It was time to return to Ardennes again.

* * *

“You’re back?”

Liddell smiled broadly as she met Leonard with a firm expression on his face. Just by looking at Leonard’s expression, she could tell that things didn’t work out for him at Hildebrunn.

“The plan to attack the Sage’s village leaked out. Kahel is called to the Sage’s village.”

“You said he’s been quiet for the past few days, but he was there.”

“Kahel’s magical power…… was stronger than I thought…….”

“Oh, the great Duke Santella is not afraid of such a kid, is he?”

Leonard was relieved to see his smiling daughter, who was not at all agitated, even though she had been told everything had failed. At times like this, he was able to reaffirm that Liddell was the queen.

Leonard calmed his anxious heart and talked with Liddell and Margella about what happened at Hildebrunn.

“It was an attack that mobilized more than five large monsters and sixty small and medium-sized monsters. To be honest, we were going to end up with three large and thirty medium ones, but because of Kahel, we called for more in a hurry. And those many monsters were wiped out by only one Kahel. The real monster is that Kahel.”