46.

Katrina

Katrina

We showed up to the funeral I shed a few tears I felt so sorry seeing the parents crying and her siblings. Dooky was torn before we got here he was already crying. I looked over and saw him with his head down, Poor baby.

I held Lori in my lap as she sat quietly listening to the pastor. Lloyd had his arm over my shoulder.

This showed me life was too short for any bullshit say you love your friends and family drop the drama before it's too late.

After the funeral we walked back to the car dooky and watched them put her in the ground. Suddenly he dropped on the ground Lloyd rushed over and picked him up. "No man she's gone!" He cried out. I held Lori in my arms as I  cried. "It's going to be alright man".

The car ride was silent I look in the backseat every minute to check and see if dooky was okay.

"I feel dead".

"Don't say that dooky everything's going to be alright she would want you to be happy".

"Really?" He said as tears fell down his eyes.

"Yes, ain't that's right baby".

" you not alone your my brother we family- you not alone in this shit I promise man".

"Duh he's my uncle" Lori shouted.

We laughed.

Lori is too young to understand what we was saying but her saying that made us laugh.

We pulled up at the house. "I thought you was taking me home?"

"You staying with us until I think you able to go home".

I got out the car went in the backseat got Lori out the car. We went inside the house.

Lloyd showed dooky where he's sleeping at.

I got Lori unchanged from her dress.

"Mama".

"What baby"

"I want chicken nuggets and fries".

"Okay I'll put that in the oven". After I finished putting that in the oven.

She held up the remote. "I wanna watch cartoons".

"Okay come on" we walked to the living room she sat on the couch. I turn on cartoon Network they played power puff girls.

Lloyd went in the room I guess to change out his clothes he came back sat next to lori. He kissed her forehead. "you know I love you right?".

"Yes I know" she giggled.

She turn pulled on his nose. "Ow" .

"I want your noise" she said.

She the stops starts playing with his ears as he laid down on the couch. "Don't rip my ears off".