49.

Katrina

Katrina

"Do he bite?" I question as I slowly opened the car door looking at the big dog in the yard. "No mama, he's friendly". Lori walked up pet him.

I got out close the door. "Oh my god" I mumbled as he came by me licking my leg.

Lloyd came out the house and whistle. "Come on boy-" he leaves off I walked over to Lori and she hugged me.

" you like my dog dad brought him his name is Blake" .

"He is cute just huge- A bull dog how lovely ".

Mrs Avery came up to the screen door. "Hi Trina how you doing?"

"I'm doing great".

"That's good come on in don't be shy". I slowly walked in saw a few people in the living room such as Lloyd, Mr Avery, their cousin.

"Hi everyone".

They waved Lloyd kept his eyes on the TV but kept his eye on Lori that was out in the yard with the dog.

"Can I talk to you for a few minutes?"

"Yes ma'am" I walked in the kitchen sat at the table as she went in the fridge to grab us something to drink.

She then sat down.

I got nervous.

"Lloyd told me what happened I'm disappointed not just you but the both of you, my grandchild shouldn't't have to see her parents fighting".

"I agree, we're not perfect ".

"There's gonna some changes between the two of you or if not there's no need to get back together".

"I haven't focus on that I've been working myself knowing my worth as a young women I don't know bout him I haven't talk to him in god knowns when".

"Mhm, see that's what I'm trying to get him to do but he's like ma it's best for me to stay away from her; it's stressful if y'all don't want to be together that's fine but y'all gotta come to agree me on being good co parents for Lori not for y'all but for her, it's so fucked up; look at me cursing ".

"You right Mrs Avery I'm fine like I said it's Lloyd I forced him to do something he's not wanting to do" I told her.

"So right about that" Lloyd said as he walked in the kitchen.

"You sit now". He smacked his lips and sat down.

"Y'all gotta stop this and act like to adult not children; for the shake of Lori" Mrs Avery said.

"Look Lloyd I know you hate me right now but you could be at least nice to me Lori shouldn't have to see you being mean to her mommy". I said as I looked down playing with my fingers.

Mrs Avery cleared her throat waiting for Lloyd to respond back.

"I'll it for Lori that's the only reason why can I leave now?".

"Yes you may" he walked out the kitchen.

"Let me know how this goes okay? Want a plate I made some greens?"".

"Sure" I got my plate and soda walked out sat sat on the porch watching Lori play with the dog.

Lloyd came out sat next to me as he waved at Lori. "Hi daddy"

"Hey-".

"It's been lonely at the house without you being there".

"That's too bad I miss that bitch".

"I figured I bet you been out with you friends hanging out with hoes living your life".

"Not true I haven't been no damn where- I've been cleaning my head".

"Oh, have you thought bout coming back home I'm getting tired trying to explain to Lori why her father not home with us".

"Nope, why be under the same roof under someone who don't want to be with you".

"Well you can spend a few nights at the house".

"I will I will be on the couch believe that".

"Okay Friday movie night we'll take Lori to blockbuster to pick out a movie" .

"Okay cool". Lloyd agrees to come over and have movie night with us let's see how this goes.